PDA

View Full Version : Automated Water Changes with the LiterMeter3

FLSharkvic
07/04/2017, 10:16 AM
I have narrowed down what system I want to do my Automated water changes from my saltwater mixing station. Also with the LiterMeter, I will also be picking up 1 Basic LiterMeter Pump to go with it the package. I plan on pulling the freshly mixed saltwater out of barrel B and add new fresh saltwater to my sump while it removes the old saltwater from the other part of my sump.

Vinny Kreyling
07/04/2017, 05:29 PM
Great system, just calibrate each pump with the hoses attached.

frankv702
07/04/2017, 05:46 PM
I did something similar with a Cole Parmer Masterflex pump with dual easy load heads. It's so nice having auto water changes. I mix salt every two weeks, the rest is automated. I put bulkheads in the very bottom of the brute cans though so I can use pretty much every drop of water.

GreenTankCorals
07/04/2017, 06:15 PM
I wonder if some one has tried Neptune Fluid Monitoring Module for automated water changes. This would drain and refil the exact volumes programmed using ordinary pumps and without the need to purchase expensive systems that require calibration.

aaronpentz
07/07/2017, 06:17 AM
I wonder if some one has tried Neptune Fluid Monitoring Module for automated water changes. This would drain and refil the exact volumes programmed using ordinary pumps and without the need to purchase expensive systems that require calibration.
This can easily be done with just float valves. No need for the FFM. The problem is that the hobby grade small pumps can't handle the head pressure. So unless your new saltwater supply and the drain are within a couple feet then you'll have to use the peristaltic style pump. My litermeters can pull up to 25 ft and pump up to i think 100 ft. All with 1/4 ice maker line. Much easier to hide that and no need to have the supply and drain super close to the sump. Now basement sump people won't have an issue as you could easily locate the required equipment as close as possible

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk