PDA

View Full Version : Anemone sucked in powerhead

Gusgonzalez2010
07/05/2017, 10:08 AM
It's been a couple days since my anemone was sucked into a power head. Total rookie mistake. I did do a water change and added carbon to the tank. The anemone has been moving around and sitting on rocks but today it looked all sad and was on the sand. I currently removed it and put in a bucket with water from my tank, a rock, and heater. I attached a pic of what it currently looks like. I can't tell if it's dying or if it will make it.

mrdss
07/05/2017, 10:18 AM
Smell it you WILL know !

Gusgonzalez2010
07/05/2017, 10:36 AM
If it doesn't smell bad should I just leave it in the bucket?

OrionN
07/05/2017, 12:14 PM
Put him in bucket will kill him for sure. If you are going to try to safe him, you need to leave him in your tank with circulation and stable water condition and temp. This is the only way he will heal.
If you are going to put him in a bucket, you should just flush him. Either now or in a few day when he start to decompose and you will have a smelly mess, which he will in a bucket.

OrionN
07/05/2017, 12:16 PM
He will make it if he is in the tank and look better than yesterday. If he is, on the whole, looking worse then he likely not going to make it.
Good luck

urbanrat84
08/04/2017, 01:31 AM
I'm all for intervention at this stage. I use mesh ricotta baskets to confine anemones. Put him in one or a plastic sieve, tie it to the tank brace at the surface of the water close to the light. Place him right way up and turn the pumps off for about half an hour to see if he can attach his foot. If he cant all the more important to confine him.