PDA

View Full Version : EB8 circuit breaker tripped

m3lacoste
07/06/2017, 09:43 AM
Hello,

I have had my Apex setup since earlier this year with no problems. This weekend I setup my chiller and for some reason the EB8 tripped its circuit breaker. From reading the forum, the chiller is pulling too many amps or tripping when my light is on at the same time. I donít run my chiller plugged into my EB8 now and will purchase a separate EB8 just for my chiller. The question is if the EB8 trips its circuit breaker and loses connection to fusion, all equipment is shutdown and there is no way to troubleshoot or reset the circuit breaker unless Iím there. The scary thing is all my pumps, return pump, and lights were also shutdown--basically everything controlled and plugged into Apex. Anyone experience this same problem? Iím now skeptical to have return pump and tunze pumps plugged into EB8 if this happens when I'm on vacation.

FullBoreReefer
07/06/2017, 10:16 AM
Plug your chiller into a wall plug, it should have its own temp controller and thus no apex needed. Unless your dead set on seeing the amps being pulled by the chiller.

If it were me I'd skip the eb8 with a chiller.

m3lacoste
07/06/2017, 10:26 AM
I agree. I will have the chiller stand alone with the ranco temp controller.