PDA

View Full Version : Anthia scaring firefish?

Valentini89
07/06/2017, 08:13 PM
I bought an anthia the other day and ever since introducing it to the tank my firefish stays hidden. I mean, it won't even come out during feeding time. It popped out at some point because my wife saw it so I know it's not dead, just hiding under a rock. The anthia was afraid upon introduction but now I guess it's realized it's the biggest fish lol so it's fine. What do I do about my firefish?

m0nkie
07/06/2017, 10:40 PM
buy a net top if you don't have one. Firefish is scared of everything imo and carpet surf all the time. so a net cover is a must. maybe feed a little more so they can catch some floating food. most anthias require more feeding anyways.

Javeo
07/07/2017, 08:02 AM
Depends on the anthias species as to whether it's the one causing the firefish to hide. I have two purple firefish with 3 pulcherrimus and 3 parvirostris anthias and the firefish pay them no mind, sometimes even chasing them away from their chosen burrow.

ThRoewer
07/07/2017, 03:41 PM
As far as I remember when I had them, firefish can get scared by their own shadow.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Javeo
07/07/2017, 04:03 PM
Guess it depends on the fish, my two are not really scared of much. They stand up for themselves pretty well, chasing always damsels and anthias and are not too bothered when I'm working in the tank, they just stay out of the way but watch what I'm doing and don't hide.