PDA

View Full Version : Is my apex dead?

rogergolf66
07/07/2017, 07:53 PM
So got home today and all sorts of stuff where off. Noticed the EB8 are all blinking orange. The base unit has no lights on it. The base unit is connected power via a aquabus cable from the eb8.

As title says any tests I can do to determine if the base unit is still good?

sanababit
07/08/2017, 12:29 AM
did you try another usb cable?, another port on eb8?, the main unit has a conector for an external power supply, try that, if all of this fails, open the unit u and see if there is water condensation inside of it

Mario

07/08/2017, 10:15 AM
I have a backup .I never used it. If you want to try it you can borrow it till you get yours fixed. I never hooked it up. Not sure if it works. I can drop it off today to try. The green and orange lights under it stay on. The display blinks orange. Call me or text me 727-992-5051

kurt_n
07/08/2017, 12:19 PM
So got home today and all sorts of stuff where off. Noticed the EB8 are all blinking orange. The base unit has no lights on it. The base unit is connected power via a aquabus cable from the eb8.

As title says any tests I can do to determine if the base unit is still good?

I'm guessing the base unit is still good, it's just that it's not getting power for whatever reason. EB8s are blinking orange because they can't communicate with the base unit, but all outlets should be in their "fallback" mode, however you have that programmed.

First thing I'd do is disconnect the aquabus cable between the base unit and the EB and reconnect. If that doesn't work, then try a different aquabus port on both the base unit and EB. Then I'd try a different cable. If all that doesn't work, then I'd unplug the EB from the wall and remove all power from the Apex system and let it sit for a couple minutes. Then reconnect the EB to power and see if everything comes back up.

If none of that works, and still no lights on the base unit then you probably need to open up a support ticket with Neptune from their website.

Daimyo68
07/08/2017, 09:54 PM
Roger, if you have a 12v power supply laying around...

Unplug your aquabus cables from your energy bars, leaving just the display plugged in. Now, Plug in the 12v power supply and see if the base unit comes on. If yes, then try to access it either through your local network or via Fusion. I'd you can do this and have control of the base unit (try turning the variable ports on and off) then you know its a power issue from the EB, or a bad aquabus cable.

robthorn
07/09/2017, 08:23 AM
Exactly what Daimyo said. 12v power supply. Many routers use the same power supply.