PDA

View Full Version : Fish Broker???

dh350twin
07/08/2017, 11:57 AM
So i realize one thing recently, were all in the same boat! We all love our hobby and we all search hi and low for the best quality fish\corals at fair pricing. We all admit our LFS are falling apart.

Personally I was trying to find a pair of bandit angels for a fair price and was not having any luck with my normal google searching, LFS, online vendors, etc. so I took it upon myself to find wholesalers who could get them and deliver to my LFS. And next I knew I had my bandit angels.

So I had heard in California(I'm east coast) they have fish brokers that you contact and they find you your fish that is the best quality for the fair price. So I started thinking we as a group could do this.

So i will get it started and invite anyone looking for a certain fish whether it is a simple everyday fish/coral or a higher end rare fish/coral to pm me and I will do what I can to locate who can or does have it.

I encourage anyone else who has good connections to chime in and let us know if we can pm you as well. Let's try and help each other out.

Maybe this could be an avenue to help one another,

mrhighline
07/08/2017, 12:28 PM
So i realize one thing recently, were all in the same boat! We all love our hobby and we all search hi and low for the best quality fish\corals at fair pricing. We all admit our LFS are falling apart.

Personally I was trying to find a pair of bandit angels for a fair price and was not having any luck with my normal google searching, LFS, online vendors, etc. so I took it upon myself to find wholesalers who could get them and deliver to my LFS. And next I knew I had my bandit angels.

So I had heard in California(I'm east coast) they have fish brokers that you contact and they find you your fish that is the best quality for the fair price. So I started thinking we as a group could do this.

So i will get it started and invite anyone looking for a certain fish whether it is a simple everyday fish/coral or a higher end rare fish/coral to pm me and I will do what I can to locate who can or does have it.

I encourage anyone else who has good connections to chime in and let us know if we can pm you as well. Let's try and help each other out.

Maybe this could be an avenue to help one another,

I have a friend located in South East PA that sells fully qt'd fish. He has a tank maintenance company and gets livestock form distributors, runs them thru 6 weeks of QT then sells them to clients. I just bought a really nice White Tail Bristle tooth from him for half of what the LFS wanted to charge me.

dh350twin
07/08/2017, 12:31 PM
I have a friend located in South East PA that sells fully qt'd fish. He has a tank maintenance company and gets livestock form distributors, runs them thru 6 weeks of QT then sells them to clients. I just bought a really nice White Tail Bristle tooth from him for half of what the LFS wanted to charge me.

What do you think of this idea of networking to help others out and ourselves of course

mrhighline
07/08/2017, 01:01 PM
What do you think of this idea of networking to help others out and ourselves of course

I like it. I was VP of a local reef club for a few years, with the Facebook groups becoming more popular it kinda killed the club for meetings.

ALSO clear some space in your inbox ... tried to PM you and it says your inbox is full.

dh350twin
07/08/2017, 01:05 PM
I like it. I was VP of a local reef club for a few years, with the Facebook groups becoming more popular it kinda killed the club for meetings.

ALSO clear some space in your inbox ... tried to PM you and it says your inbox is full.

Cleared

mrhighline
07/08/2017, 01:09 PM
Cleared

Still getting the error. It may take a little for the software to refresh. I'll try you shortly.

dh350twin
07/08/2017, 01:26 PM
Still getting the error. It may take a little for the software to refresh. I'll try you shortly.

Cleared wrong inbox should be good now

topjimmy
07/09/2017, 08:19 AM
I have a friend located in South East PA that sells fully qt'd fish. He has a tank maintenance company and gets livestock form distributors, runs them thru 6 weeks of QT then sells them to clients. I just bought a really nice White Tail Bristle tooth from him for half of what the LFS wanted to charge me.What part of see Penn? Pittsburgh area?

Sent from my Lenovo TAB 2 A10-70F using Tapatalk

Scotch_c
07/09/2017, 11:49 AM
Pm'ed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

humaguy
07/09/2017, 12:27 PM
There is zero reason to pay a fish broker.
I and many others in here can point anyone in the right direction.

Happy hunting

cougareyes
07/09/2017, 12:42 PM
It depends; an online retailer that offers a wysiwyg product would be a better choice. I have used what you call a broker on 2 different occasions. One I found online years ago, he shopped the wholesalers in L.A. and sent you a text with pics and specifics of what you were looking for; the price was comparable to most online retailers. The other was through a lfs here in town; their broker did the same thing, shopped the wholesalers in L.A. and sent pics and specifics for your consideration.