PDA

View Full Version : Is this cyanobacteria?

hecterma
07/08/2017, 03:02 PM
I am wondering if this is cyano? If so, what should I do to take care of this problem?

Thanks in advance!https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170708/706fdf3bd8fe1d451edeecda4a5d15a2.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Brieninsac
07/08/2017, 03:06 PM
Looks like it to me. Easiest way to get rid of it is by using Chemi-clean.

mcgyvr
07/08/2017, 03:29 PM
Diatoms on the rocks and seems to be some cyano in the front there near the glass..
Welcome to a normal new tank..

Had you not put corals in the solution to that new tank cyano is simple (turn off the lights)..

But thats nothing to be worried about at this point and it can just go away on its own.. diatoms/green film algae/cyano are very common "ugly" stages of a new tank.. Some get one of those, some get 2, some get all.. Its normal though..
You can simply carefully siphon it out with water changes for now..

Other than that.. just wait and see what happens..

again.. pretty darn normal so don't freak out..

hecterma
07/08/2017, 05:52 PM
Diatoms on the rocks and seems to be some cyano in the front there near the glass..
Welcome to a normal new tank..

Had you not put corals in the solution to that new tank cyano is simple (turn off the lights)..

But thats nothing to be worried about at this point and it can just go away on its own.. diatoms/green film algae/cyano are very common "ugly" stages of a new tank.. Some get one of those, some get 2, some get all.. Its normal though..
You can simply carefully siphon it out with water changes for now..

Other than that.. just wait and see what happens..

again.. pretty darn normal so don't freak out..
I'm glad to hear that it is normal for a new tank. Two weeks ago I had a nitrate spike. I think the spike happened because I started using coral frenzy and I might have used a little to much. Then I had a massive diatom bloom, I tried fighting this by using chemi-pure blue, water changes and dosing vodka. The diatoms are slowly disappearing and are being replaced by coralline algae but I still getting 20ppm on nitrates. Any suggestions or words of encouragement?

Ejb
07/08/2017, 09:13 PM
Just keep doing weekly water changes. I wouldnt dose or try to feed just yet( I do not dose at all ). Need to get the nitrates down

hecterma
07/08/2017, 10:34 PM
Just keep doing weekly water changes. I wouldnt dose or try to feed just yet( I do not dose at all ). Need to get the nitrates down
Ok thanks!