PDA

View Full Version : Ich Question

Roninscared
07/08/2017, 09:37 PM
Need Advise!

My fish have been in quarantine for about 8 weeks and I have been using Cupramine to treat for ich. My fish have looked great, with no signs of the parasite. However, my male bipartitus has had a couple white spots on his fins that have not changed in 3 weeks and by change I mean I haven't notice any new spots or have I noticed any fall off. The white spots look just like ich. Could this be ich? (I tried taking a picture and had a hard time cause his fins move so fast) If not ich what else? At this point should I remove the copper from the tank and observe for a few more weeks?

Any advise is much appreciated.

JustinM
07/08/2017, 09:47 PM
How long have you been using cupramine? It's more than likely not ich, the trophont usually is only attached to a fish for 3-7 days.

Possibly lympho, Google lympho on fish and compare it to what you have. If it's lympho, it's just a viral infection which will clear up with good water and feedings. No need to worry.

Let us know.

scooter31707
07/13/2017, 02:44 PM
Agreed. I am thinking lympho also. Also with the good water quality, I recommend soaking the food in Selcon or Vitachem.