PDA

View Full Version : "Dusty" water

Dave07874
07/08/2017, 08:51 PM
So, for a while now, I have had an issue with what appears to be "dusty", not cloudy, water. I know that it's not micro bubbles because I closely observe and isolate one piece and follow it. I do get the occasional micro bubble that finds its way to the surface and bursts. Most of what I'm seeing appears to be micro debris. I also see what appears to be dead pods. I do have a huge population of pods. I have a theory that what I'm seeing has something to do with the pods - their eggs, shells, etc? Any thoughts? I'd love to provide a photo but my iPhone just can't pick up a good enough image to illustrate.

Here's my particulars:
Biocube 32, 2 months old, biocube skimmer, 2 eshopps sponges, with floss on top, bag of seachem matrix, purigen, chemipure blue. All readings on point: 0 ammonia, nitrate, nitrite. pH 8.2, calcium 440, dkh 9.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Danny_15
07/08/2017, 08:59 PM
Maybe wash your hands without soap when you stick them in the tank or something, and when you buy hardware rinse it id say rinse everything cahse most things have dust, today my salt wouldnt dissovle i dont know if its dew to my having it for to long or something else but maybe that could be whats going on too. Good luck.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Ryan Darilek
07/09/2017, 12:21 AM
Is it coming from your return pump, or from the tank? If it's coming from the pump, I would recommend taking a close look into chamber 3 where the return pump is... Since you've got the filter floss and sponges in chamber 2, I'd say it's something either there or the bottom of 2. If it's coming from somewhere in the DT, I would add a circulation pump to help stir the water up and get it to the back to be cleaned up. Would love to see pics of your BC32! Good luck and keep us posted!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

TOOMANYFISH
07/09/2017, 06:36 AM
Do you have anything in the tank for livestock ?

Robert Boukari
07/09/2017, 08:28 PM
Same problem