PDA

View Full Version : Reefbreeder super lux setting

Gox
07/08/2017, 09:01 PM
Hi Folks

I have a superlux from reef breeder and I am looking for recommended settings if anyone has it.

any help would be appreciated.

my corals have lost some corals since I got them and added to this tank. attached photo wanted to know if this is something due to the lighting. all the parameters are in line.

the anemone and the blue encrusted Monti is new. rest is all is fairly old and faded. the purple style was dark purple. all the green corals were bright green. etc.

Gox
07/08/2017, 09:02 PM
its a 29 gallon biocube.

mav3rick478
07/08/2017, 09:09 PM
I have my blues at 70 and my whites at 7.

I started blues at 30 and whites at 20 and every couple weeks made adjustments too I found settings that made my tank happy.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Ryan Darilek
07/08/2017, 11:44 PM
What percentage do you have those bad boys at?? Same thing happened to me with my Luxlumen LEDs on my Biocube 32. What's happening is your corals are bleaching from the intense, bad *** lights. They need to be SLOWLY acclimated to the new lights. You need to knock them down to 30-32% (adjust the whites lower and blues higher so that your average of the two is 30ish percent if you like the lights more blue than white...let me know if I should elaborate more on that). Keep your lights that low for a couple of weeks until your corals are all healed up, then start increasing them by 1% every 2-3 days. They recommend the acclimation process should take no less than 6 weeks, but it'll take longer now since your corals need to heal before you can start turning them up again. I hope this helps and makes sense

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Gox
10/08/2017, 07:40 PM
thank you. blues are at 50 and white is at 35.