PDA

View Full Version : Jaboa dp-4 dosing pump disaster

surferarnie
07/08/2017, 10:55 PM
I checked my tank at noon today and everything was fine. I went downstairs as 10 pm and found a disaster.

I have had this jaboa for about a year. It wasn't the best but it worked. There were a few problems, but tonight.

This piece of junk just dumped about 3/4 a gallon of mag mix. And 1/2 a Gallon of b ionic Alk and calcium into my tank.
Not sure when it started. I found the unit with all 4 pumps running.

Water was like milk. Precipitation everywhere.

All I could do was about a 35% water change. I used tap water against my best judgment.i just wanted to try to get the parms Down.

Got the Alk down to 9.5. It was at 8. Calcium won't even register on the Red Sea test kit.i don't even see a point checking the mag.

Don't trust these pieces of junk. I was looking at a kamoer a few weeks ago. Damn do I wish I had pulled the trigger.

My wwc blueberry field is not looking good. I won't probably know the true damage for a while.

Might be having a sale of lots of good equipment. The jjaboa is getting the smashed. With a hammer. Nice and slow. Over and over.

I am so disappointed with myself I didn't upgrade the dosing pump.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ryan Darilek
07/08/2017, 11:29 PM
Oh man... I felt pain reading this. I'm so sorry man. Throw in a couple extra hammer swings for me! I'd prime the water and throw in a SeaChem phosguard bag to help with any potential future algae issues caused by the tap water. Glad you went down then and not in the morning

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

C.Eymann
07/09/2017, 04:08 PM
Anything jebao belongs in the dumpster IMO, their wave pumps will either just stop working or attempt to burn down your house, then there are countless stories like yours out there about the dosers staying on and wiping out tanks.

I hope everything pulls through for you bud.

mcgyvr
07/09/2017, 05:42 PM
and countless stories of them working just fine..
and countless stories of other (more expensive,etc..) brands having problems too..

stuff happens.. sorry..

djbon
07/09/2017, 07:49 PM
and countless stories of other (more expensive,etc..) brands having problems too..

stuff happens.. sorry..

Correctomundo!. I prefer my IV dripper than an auto doser. All artificial intelligent controlled machine will fail sooner or later due to known and unknown error.

C.Eymann
07/09/2017, 08:20 PM

stuff happens.. sorry..

Meh, Google doser failure jebao vs GHL, vectra or Neptune dosers. You will get an answer pretty quick.
Cutting corners or pinching pennies shouldn't be done with dosing systems.

gprdypoo04
07/09/2017, 11:27 PM
I bought the kamoer wifi doser awhile ago and it's been working great but the other night it dosed almost a liter of mag before i heard something running in the morning. I'm not sure if it was the dosers fault though cause sometimes I will manually dose some kalk late at night even though it's set to dose overnight. It could be that I accidently hit the start on the mag line. Actually I should have dumped out the mag since I could just manually add it. It's now dumped out!!!!

TangingOut
07/09/2017, 11:47 PM
Meh, Google doser failure jebao vs GHL, vectra or Neptune dosers. You will get an answer pretty quick.
Cutting corners or pinching pennies shouldn't be done with dosing systems.

Google search actually didn't come up with much, besides a lot of positive reviews. Yes there were 1 or 2 spread over multiple forums which made it seem like more. I agree with djbon and mcgyvr, a google search with your favorite reef equipment with "failure" will almost always have reported incidents.

I don't understand why people rag on this doser without any first hand experience. Check out post 13 & 15
http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?p=24965599#post24965599

L8Braker
07/10/2017, 06:08 AM
I have an Apex Dos for my 2 part and just got the jebao for my nopox, reef energy A and reef energy b.

I would not trust it with 2 part! For the Jebao I only keep 500 ml of these in a dosing container so it could accidentally overdose and fill my tank with them but it would not be as disastrous as what you had happen. I also keep about 150-200 gallons of mixed saltwater so I could do a 50-75% change at anytime.

ajm83
07/11/2017, 10:50 AM
I have an Apex Dos for my 2 part and just got the jebao for my nopox, reef energy A and reef energy b.

I would not trust it with 2 part! For the Jebao I only keep 500 ml of these in a dosing container so it could accidentally overdose and fill my tank with them but it would not be as disastrous as what you had happen. I also keep about 150-200 gallons of mixed saltwater so I could do a 50-75% change at anytime.That's good practise for all doser type systems, I also do the same with my ATO after it failed and dumped all the topoff water into the tank.

Fwiw I've used a jebao dp4 for 3 years or so and had no issues.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk