PDA

View Full Version : first anemone and it split

TwentyfiveCents
07/09/2017, 01:06 PM
I got a rose bubble tip anemone and everything seemed like it was great for about 3 weeks but then it split, what can be the cause of an anemone splitting? my tank has ultra low nutrients and all my levels are spot on.....do anemone need a certain par level like corals?

pfan151
07/09/2017, 01:18 PM
I got a rose bubble tip anemone and everything seemed like it was great for about 3 weeks but then it split, what can be the cause of an anemone splitting? my tank has ultra low nutrients and all my levels are spot on.....do anemone need a certain par level like corals?

Anemones definitely need good light. Even more so than most corals. It splitting isn't necessarily a sign that something is wrong though. Sometimes they will split just from being moved to new conditions. Post some pics if you can

TwentyfiveCents
07/09/2017, 02:40 PM
went and measured par in the area where the anemone is at and it is around 30-50 par it changes with the ripples from the water moving on top

TwentyfiveCents
07/09/2017, 02:46 PM
tried to upload the image but it keeps failing

pfan151
07/09/2017, 02:50 PM
went and measured par in the area where the anemone is at and it is around 30-50 par it changes with the ripples from the water moving on top

That is close to no light. You'll definitely need to upgrade

TwentyfiveCents
07/09/2017, 11:18 PM
I have a set of vegas but the anemone went to to a spot with very low light, should I try moving both of them to a new spot or just let them be?