PDA

View Full Version : Skinny angel

Mules1
07/09/2017, 05:19 PM
Watanabei angel (male) has been in the display for about 4 months. Showing visible signs of being skinny. Swims well and always eats when feeding time. Is a 150 display (6') with about 250 gallon total. Tank mates are 10 fish including a hippo tang, clown fish and regular non aggressive others. The smaller female looks very healthy. What can I do to plump him up. I don't want to overfees because sps dominant. Tried to catch a few times to qt and feed with no competition but he is very elusive.

JustinM
07/09/2017, 05:40 PM
I would say internal parasites since your female is plump. They are planktivores so they need to feed often, again the female is plump so I would assume you are feeding enough.

Since you can't catch him, you can add seachem metroplex to any frozen food, but it needs to be bound with seachem focus. It will kill all internal parasites. Metroplex is not reef safe when dosed to the tank but is when it is fed to the fish.

You need to turn your flow off when feeding this and feed very slowly so all bits are being eaten. I don't know what would happen if it landed on a coral.