PDA

View Full Version : Regal Angel

Pife
07/09/2017, 08:12 PM
Would it be OK as the first fish into my 150 cube? It's tied into my main sps system so water quality is very good. I would only be able to feed it twice a day.

ThRoewer
07/09/2017, 11:40 PM
150 gallon should be fine for a single Regal Angel as long as the rock structure isn't too minimalistic.
I have singles in 3 different 40 gallon tanks and a pair in my 100 gallon tank. Larger would of course be better, but they seem to be doing fine.
Once they start eating well they should be more than fine with two feedings per day. I've fed mine at times only every other day and they didn't lose weight. Some of mine now prefer flakes and pellets over frozen foods. They also supplement their diet with pods and algae they find in the tank.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

OrionN
07/10/2017, 06:30 AM
I agree with ThRoewer. With Regal Angle, it really the rock work. They weave in and out of the rock work all day. Never see them dash madly down the length of the tank like my Powder Blue tang.
Mine graze all day and also eat a lot of nori from clip with the tangs. They love flakes and definitely can get their fill easy as you feed the tank. I feed my tank once in the AM and leave the clip for everybody to graze on. Once or twice a week I open a fresh oyster for all the fish to go after.