PDA

View Full Version : Sicce Syncra problems

Bill Nye
07/10/2017, 02:25 PM
I just bought a sicce syncra 1.5 to use as a water change pump. I've had the pump for 3 weeks and now I go to do a water change last week and its not pushing any water.

You can feel the hum of the motor and it felt very hot but its not actually working. I took the pump out and soaked it in vinegar but it didn't help. I took it apart and it doesnt seem like anything is wrong that I can tell. After paying 60 dollars for a pump you would hope it would last more than 3 weeks. Next time I will just buy a chinese knock off for 1/4 the price and get better quality and value.

Any idea what could be wrong with this thing?

mcgyvr
07/10/2017, 03:03 PM
mechanical binding somewhere.. does the impeller spin freely?

stuff happens though... its not fair go to the darkside over one minor issue IMO with any company....
can you not return it for a replacement? I'd think 3 weeks is in anyones warranty period for sure.. A new one should be just fine..
fit shappens..

FirstContact
07/10/2017, 07:16 PM
If you purchased it new and kept your receipt, Sicce has a 3 year warranty. The warranty can be 5 years if you register your product and receipt with Sicce USA. For me, their stuff has lasted longer than several Tunze powerheads I've owned.

Bill Nye
07/10/2017, 07:20 PM
I emailed customer service lets hope this gets resolved. I bought it off amazon so I have the online receipt.

I was a little rough on sicce but when I spend more to get quality I expect it will last. When you buy something from ecotech, even though it may be slightly overpriced, you know its going to last. I've had an MP10 going for 5 years now with no trouble.

moondoggy4
07/15/2017, 06:14 PM
So after you use the pump, where do you put the pump? Do you store it outside or always in the water?

Jyetman
05/29/2018, 11:01 PM
So did they replace the pump?