PDA

View Full Version : Long horn cowfish

FinnCole
07/10/2017, 02:37 PM
This fish is really making me think about what I will stock my new 185 gallon tank with so basically I an getting this tank because I want to keep 1 or 2 big puffers (a porcupine and a arothron) but then I watched the YouTubers Taylor nicoledean and she has a cowfish named cheese anyway I always knew about cowfish but never though much of them they just seemed like a cool little fish but I would not keep one anyway after watching here videos on her cowfish and seeing some in real life I fell in love with this fish.
But there is a problem the toxin the toxin apparently they don't do well with fish like puffers and angels because they stress them out and poison the tank the thing is I have heard success stories of keeping them with puffers if I where to get one should it be bigger than the puffers ? Btw I like puffers more than cowfish

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

WLachnit
07/11/2017, 12:32 AM
I have successfully kept a small longhorn cowfish with Toby puffers. The cowfish was extremely inquisitive, would follow me when I moved around the room, and did not startle easily. My bet is that this is specimen dependent.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

woodguy
07/11/2017, 06:45 AM
kept cowfish with puffers for a long time, never had a problem, watch what powerheads you use, they arent the strongest swimmers

FinnCole
07/11/2017, 02:50 PM
kept cowfish with puffers for a long time, never had a problem, watch what powerheads you use, they arent the strongest swimmers
Not sure yet not setting up the tank til October

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

FinnCole
07/11/2017, 03:28 PM
Also what puffers did you keep with yours my favourite puffs are golden star and stripes and porcupine puffers

woodguy
07/12/2017, 07:57 AM
i had 2 stars and stripes puffers with my cow