PDA

View Full Version : Downsize Advice

Punkrawk
07/10/2017, 03:40 PM
We are selling our house and moving to a temporary rental for X months\years. On top of having a toddler that takes up more and more of my time I am finding it difficult to give my 75 gallon aquarium the attention it deserves.

I want to keep my 16 inch Ritteri/Heteractis magnifica*and two clownfish. Everything else is going to friends and family.

I am looking at the Coralife 30 gallon BioCube. Has anyone had experience with the "new" design and would it be a good fit for the setup I am considering?

ReefWreak
07/11/2017, 06:59 AM
I'd really recommend either going with a 40b if you can swing the extra room, or do a simple 20 long. The larger the tank, the less maintenance it requires, and the better the equipment. A 30g biocube stock will not likely keep an anemone flourishing. It might keep it alive. I also don't know too much about 'nems, but I don't think a ritteri would be happy in a nano. Maybe if it was the only thing in there, but I'd still hesitate putting an anemone in a nano.

Anything else about living in a rental for X months/years with a nano, I'm happy to help with, as I've been in the same boat now for 3.5 years. I've had success and am a particularly busy and/or lazy reefer.

Your username makes me think of Wesley Willis: "rock over london rock on chicago wheaties breakfast of champions" I think it's the way he pronounces rock.

Punkrawk
07/14/2017, 02:18 PM
I have decided to try the Innovative Marine Nuvo Fusion Mini 40 Gallon. My wife likes the look if it and I can reuse some of my current hardware (lights, etc.). We just need to decide if I want to build my own stand, buy the Innovative Marine one or a strong piece of furniture.

JonCubb
07/14/2017, 08:12 PM
I have an older BC29. I like it, but I wish I just started with a 40b. I got an AIO as my first tank for simplicity, but wasn't long before it started to feel cramped.