PDA

View Full Version : Dosing: BRS vs Red Sea foundation vs b-ionic?

bmackcw
07/14/2017, 12:32 AM
I've been using BRS ca, mg, kh for a year. Thinking of maybe switching it up. My tank is starting to become SPS heavy. Thoughts? Or need more info?

Reefer XL 425 with radions.

myaquariumpro
07/14/2017, 03:07 PM
I use brs two part along with Red Sea coloration program. There is a brs video on dosing calculations for that type of setup, must say that it's been working pretty well for me so far. 7 months going

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bertoni
07/15/2017, 10:24 PM
The BRS products should be fine. We probably need more information on what you think needs to be fixed before saying much.

bmackcw
07/15/2017, 10:32 PM
The BRS products should be fine. We probably need more information on what you think needs to be fixed before saying much.

I wouldn't say anything needs "fixing." I've got all my standard parameters in check, and just wondering if the Red Sea foundation plan is worth buying an extra dosing pump for. Got some pricy SPS and just want to do what's best, but not throw away money.

bertoni
07/15/2017, 10:56 PM
If the colors on your corals are fine, then I wouldn't bother trying the Red Sea products. I'm skeptical about trace elements for improving coloration, but they might work, possibly by stressing the corals.