PDA

View Full Version : Emperor Angelfish feeding recommendations

Matthew_41399
07/18/2017, 11:45 AM
Hi everyone,

I have recently purchased a small emperor angelfish from my LFS (about 2-2.5 inches). He was fed at the store and ate a few pieces of what looked like brine or mysis shrimp. He is currently in my 29 gallon quarantine tank with two small skunk clowns, and I recently added a 3 inch female blue throat. None of the fish fight with eachother. The emperor is eating a little bit, but not as much as he needs to be. So far, I have put in clams, mussels, mysis shrimp, plankton and mega-marine algae. He ate notably more when I put the clams and mussels in, but not all that much. Do you all have any suggestions on what I can do to make him eat more? :reading:

scooter31707
07/18/2017, 02:55 PM
I have luck with PE Mysis Shrimp, LRS reef food, and Jimbo Gumbo. Also with the fresh clams from the supermarket. Try some Nori or Flake and see how he does.

mwrobers
07/18/2017, 07:19 PM
I initially tried garlic to no avail, but now I add Selcom drops to Hikari Marine Angel, Hikari Mega Marine Algae, Hikari Krill and NLS marine pellets. Mine was initially shy and much slower than the Sailfin Tang and blue green chromis. No issues not that he's settled in.

Matthew_41399
07/18/2017, 08:56 PM
Thank you for those suggestions. It seems that if I feed him less food more frequently throughout the day, he eats more. I put in food a second and third time today and he seemed to be more interested in the mysis shrimp. He ate about 4 pieces each time. I'm going to look into the suggestions you both made.