PDA

View Full Version : 2 V2 in the same room possible?

Devaji108
07/18/2017, 06:44 PM
so I am thinking about a 40br SH tank I am running the V2 on my 90 reef the 4obr will only be 10' away would they get mixed up programming them?

I think I read Ron has that issue. am I correct Ron? so in other words I would have to run them on the same program??

I really dont want it to be a pin in the butt to program and set up.

or maybe just get the aquasunrise with wifi? that's a bit over my lighting budget.

:beer:

Johnnybgood74
07/18/2017, 07:53 PM
so I am thinking about a 40br SH tank I am running the V2 on my 90 reef the 4obr will only be 10' away would they get mixed up programming them?

I think I read Ron has that issue. am I correct Ron? so in other words I would have to run them on the same program??

I really dont want it to be a pin in the butt to program and set up.

or maybe just get the aquasunrise with wifi? that's a bit over my lighting budget.

[emoji481]
I have a v2 and you should be able to run them individualy just have to change the adress when programming...I would assume they wouldn't limit those who have more than one tank...

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Devaji108
07/18/2017, 08:31 PM
I have a v2 and you should be able to run them individualy just have to change the adress when programming...I would assume they wouldn't limit those who have more than one tank...

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

yeah you would think so right! but just wanted to make sure.
:reading:

Reef_Breeders
07/19/2017, 05:39 PM
You can have 2 on different programs, all you have to do is unplug the light you do not wish to program at the time. When you are done, set the controller's address ID to 1 to prevent it from making further changes, then plug the other light back in and it will resume its program.

Ron Reefman
07/20/2017, 05:33 AM
Devaji108, I just got back from vacation and sent you a PM.

Reefer40b
08/05/2017, 10:30 PM
You can have 2 on different programs, all you have to do is unplug the light you do not wish to program at the time. When you are done, set the controller's address ID to 1 to prevent it from making further changes, then plug the other light back in and it will resume its program.

So are you saying to unplug the light your not programming, set the address to 0 then when you done set it back to 1 and plug back in the light?

Reef_Breeders
08/07/2017, 12:02 PM
So are you saying to unplug the light your not programming, set the address to 0 then when you done set it back to 1 and plug back in the light?

Basically, yes.

Here is how the address ID works. At 0, it broadcasts to all lights in the area.

Any number 1-7, it does not broadcast any signal.

Reefer40b
08/12/2017, 04:19 AM
Basically, yes.

Here is how the address ID works. At 0, it broadcasts to all lights in the area.

Any number 1-7, it does not broadcast any signal.

So its really not possible to control the lights separately besides the programming. If either remote is set to 0 then whatever settings that are on that remote will then transfer to what ever light is currently plugged in. So you always need to set both remote to 1 when finished? and you cant scroll through the different light modes without messing up the other ones program, meaning you have to unplug whatever light you dont want to change the setting(manual, cloudy, etc)?

Reef_Breeders
08/28/2017, 05:08 PM
So its really not possible to control the lights separately besides the programming. If either remote is set to 0 then whatever settings that are on that remote will then transfer to what ever light is currently plugged in. So you always need to set both remote to 1 when finished? and you cant scroll through the different light modes without messing up the other ones program, meaning you have to unplug whatever light you dont want to change the setting(manual, cloudy, etc)?

That is correct. Program them, then don't touch the controller unless you want to change both lights, or one is unplugged.