PDA

View Full Version : ID please

Nirol
07/20/2017, 10:03 PM
I inherited a tank and need your help to identify some critters. Also, care suggestions would be welcome! Thanks!

Cliving1
07/21/2017, 05:11 AM
Rock flower anemone, again, looks like some sort of leather, zoas and mushrooms, possibly a Duncan.

becky302
07/21/2017, 07:43 AM
Picture number 3 looks like to me some sort of an anenome in bad shape.

Soluent1
07/21/2017, 08:05 AM
Number one looks like a pizza anemone....aka mini max anemone.

Nirol
07/21/2017, 06:58 PM
Thanks all helpful. Care suggestions?

OrionN
07/22/2017, 05:32 PM
Numbers 1 and 2 are Maxi Mini, S. tapetum the larger variety. These guys are easy to care for. Non hosting anemone. They just move to where ever. They will likely thrive. Feeding will get them to about 4-6 inches. Hardy beautiful anemone.

There are three distinct type of anemones have the name of S. tapetum. I guess they are not interested enough for scientist. The larger like what you have. Another type that will get to about-1-2 inches, is the intermediate type. The third group only get to about 1/2 inch. I am sure if anybody who want to name an organism or two can go through the process and can name two or even all three of these species. They are clearly different species, IMO and IME.

Number 3 looks like a bad shape BTA, E. quadricolor. He looks like he is in a bad shape. BTA are the easiest of the host anemone to care for, but still need high light and good water condition. You may want to take him out and treat him with antibiotic as per the protocol on top of this forum.

Number 4 are a bunches of Mushrooms. Hardy will likely thrive. Will not take a lot of light

Number 5 is one of the temperate non hosting anemone. I cannot ID these and have no experiences with them.

lilyost4290
07/22/2017, 08:15 PM
number three looks like a starving bta. I'm pretty sure the mouth slightly open like that, particularly the stubby tentacles means its hungry