PDA

View Full Version : Replacement Pump for SCA 302 Skimmer

Reeferman1019
07/21/2017, 03:29 PM
Looking to replace the Atman PH 2000 with Needle Wheel Impeller with something a little better that will work with SCA 302 Skimmer. Thanks

subbedout
07/21/2017, 03:29 PM
I'm interested in the answer

Reeferman1019
07/21/2017, 03:32 PM
I'm interested in the answer

I'm having some issues with my pump, what issues are you having if any?

subbedout
07/21/2017, 03:32 PM
I'm having some issues with my pump, what issues are you having if any?Loud humming noise.

Reeferman1019
07/21/2017, 03:34 PM
Loud humming noise.

yea from what I have read the stock pumps are garbage, I like the skimmer just wish for a more reliable pump option, hopefully someone can answer us

ozzysince87
07/21/2017, 03:38 PM
I have a 302 as well. Following so i can get a backup for when mine craps out. Going on 3years strong. Sorry i don't have any helpful info

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

ReefCowboy
07/21/2017, 05:05 PM
Looking to replace the Atman PH 2000 with Needle Wheel Impeller with something a little better that will work with SCA 302 Skimmer. Thanks

I have a skimmer that runs on two of these. You wont find a direct replacement as far as I know. The noise of these pumps and restart issues have forced me to look for another skmmer. It skims amazingly, but crappy pumps do make you go nuts and reconsider after a while.

Reeferman1019
07/21/2017, 05:10 PM
I have a skimmer that runs on two of these. You wont find a direct replacement as far as I know. The noise of these pumps and restart issues have forced me to look for another skmmer. It skims amazingly, but crappy pumps do make you go nuts and reconsider after a while.

Have you heard about a Eshopps retrofit pump? Can't believe with all the pumps we have on the market no one hasn't done a modified 302 Skimmer. Yea it's making me want to move to another skimmer with a more reliable pump.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reeferman1019
07/22/2017, 08:38 AM
bump...I found a Sicce PSK 600 would work but those pumps can run $100 enough to put towards a new skimmer IMO, not sure if they make a similar off brand Sicce pump from our friends in China

jayball
07/22/2017, 08:52 AM
Have you tried a new impeller? http://www.scaquariums.com/category-s/103.htm

My 303, basically the same pump, ate one every 6-12 months.

Reeferman1019
07/22/2017, 09:00 AM
Have you tried a new impeller? http://www.scaquariums.com/category-s/103.htm

My 303, basically the same pump, ate one every 6-12 months.

Yea I will more than likely be doing both impeller and pump, just hate the fact of having to change pumps so often...wonder if the pump in the Bubble Magnus Curve 5 would work since its practically the same skimmer

ReefCowboy
07/22/2017, 09:35 AM
Yea I will more than likely be doing both impeller and pump, just hate the fact of having to change pumps so often...wonder if the pump in the Bubble Magnus Curve 5 would work since its practically the same skimmer

Bubble magus uses the same chinese crappy pumps, I wouldnt go for it.
How did you learn about the sicce psk600 being a fit?

Reeferman1019
07/22/2017, 09:38 AM

Found some info during a google search, not 100 percent sure though

Reeferman1019
07/22/2017, 09:39 AM

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2243466

ReefCowboy
07/22/2017, 09:56 AM
http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2243466

Hummm
Very tough to tell if it will fit. Like you had mentioned, an expensive test.
Im kind of set on selling my skimmer and putting the money towards an Aquamaxx Cone SQ-3. Perfect skimmer for a 150 gal packed with sps and heavy bioload.

My current skimmer is awesome, rated for 300 heavy, but what makes me nuts is in case I need to shut it off for some reason.
It wont restart unless I pull it out of the water so the pumps can catch on. Im running a dc pump skimmer in my current tank and the quietness made me realize noise makes a big difference long term. I read these Atman also short out often. I dont like the idea of that happening in a saltwater tank

Reeferman1019
07/22/2017, 10:00 AM
Hummm
Very tough to tell if it will fit. Like you had mentioned, an expensive test.
Im kind of set on selling my skimmer and putting the money towards an Aquamaxx Cone SQ-3. Perfect skimmer for a 150 gal packed with sps and heavy bioload.

My current skimmer is awesome, rated for 300 heavy, but what makes me nuts is in case I need to shut it off for some reason.
It wont restart unless I pull it out of the water so the pumps can catch on. Im running a dc pump skimmer in my current tank and the quietness made me realize noise makes a big difference long term

yea it's a expensive test, but I will probably have to get a new skimmer as well something more reliable

ReefCowboy
07/22/2017, 12:37 PM
yea it's a expensive test, but I will probably have to get a new skimmer as well something more reliable

Try to stick to something running with sicce's. There are many skimmers out there with overpriced chinese pumps resulting in the same issue we have now with these Atman. Like they say, the pump is the heart of the skimmer...and the skimmer is the heart of the filtration system

Reeferman1019
07/22/2017, 02:48 PM
Try to stick to something running with sicce's. There are many skimmers out there with overpriced chinese pumps resulting in the same issue we have now with these Atman. Like they say, the pump is the heart of the skimmer...and the skimmer is the heart of the filtration system

Any you recommend? My system is a 60 gallon medium to heavy bioload. But want to upgrade to a 120 gallon in future.

ReefCowboy
07/22/2017, 06:43 PM
Any you recommend? My system is a 60 gallon medium to heavy bioload. But want to upgrade to a 120 gallon in future.

Skimmer is that piece of equipment that you should buy once, and in case of issues such as pump impellers, parts, etc you can get all needed without issues by a known distributor.
The Aquamaxx cone skmmer is a high quality piece with Shark pumps which are upgraded sicce units. I would recommend the one im getting which will allow your tank for any corals and even an upgrade down the line no problems. For a 120 gal you can go easily with the Cone SQ-2. Look them up for reviews

Reeferman1019
07/22/2017, 08:08 PM
Skimmer is that piece of equipment that you should buy once, and in case of issues such as pump impellers, parts, etc you can get all needed without issues by a known distributor.

The Aquamaxx cone skmmer is a high quality piece with Shark pumps which are upgraded sicce units. I would recommend the one im getting which will allow your tank for any corals and even an upgrade down the line no problems. For a 120 gal you can go easily with the Cone SQ-2. Look them up for reviews

ok thanks

Reeferman1019
07/22/2017, 08:08 PM
bump if anyone has any other ideas for SCA 302 Skimmer replacement pumps thanks