PDA

View Full Version : Changing salt

steve1981
07/22/2017, 03:02 AM
I currently use Red Sea Coral Pro salt however I am finding it quite expensive. Can anyone recommend a similar quality product or even better, at either the same or better price point?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Valentini89
07/22/2017, 04:22 AM
I currently use Red Sea Coral Pro salt however I am finding it quite expensive. Can anyone recommend a similar quality product or even better, at either the same or better price point?

I'm not sure if it's "the same or better" but I pay $50 for a 200 gallon box of instant ocean and keep a couple boxes on hand because it's so affordable. I haven't had any complaints from the fish or coral so far.

Ron Reefman
07/22/2017, 04:40 AM
IO is good and if you have a lot of stony corals IO Reef Crystals is good too. I've used some of the more expensive stuff out there and didn't find it really made any difference as far as I was concerned.

JTL
07/22/2017, 06:30 AM
I just switched to Fritz RPM on the advice of my lfs. He is a real laid back person so no heavy sales pitch. I was all set to buy Red Sea for $60 and he said this has done wonders for a couple of his tanks that were having some issues and it was cheaper. I just now getting to the point of adding inhabitants so I am in no position to judge.

steve1981
07/22/2017, 07:50 AM
Thanks for all your input. I will have a look around and things like IO. Thanks.

billdogg
07/22/2017, 08:40 AM
Foster and smith. IO or IORC delivered to my door 4-6 cases at a time. My fedex guy hates me.

Over the years I've tried pretty much all of them. I keep coming back to IORC.