PDA

View Full Version : Can Maxijet 900 be used outside water

praveen956
07/22/2017, 08:26 AM
I need to use the Maxijet 900 for my ATO and the container doesn't have large enough opening to fit this pump. Can I plugin a tube on the intake and place the tube inside the container?
Has anyone has a setup like that?

jayball
07/22/2017, 08:57 AM
I need to use the Maxijet 900 for my ATO and the container doesn't have large enough opening to fit this pump. Can I plugin a tube on the intake and place the tube inside the container?
Has anyone has a setup like that?

It is safe to use external but it has to be primed so it will not work above water level. If you do not have a lot of head look into an aqualifter or other diaphragm pump. They are self priming and will not be damaged by pulling air.

coralfish
07/22/2017, 05:52 PM
Yes, my Kalk reactor has an MaxiJet 400 on the outside. As long as the impeller is sucking water and not air you're good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2000se
07/23/2017, 08:28 PM
If the water level is below the pump it won't work. This pump is non-self priming. A really decent pump that will do exactly what you are looking for is the avast marine diaphragm pump

https://www.avastmarine.com/products/diaphragm-pump.. self priming- pumps good

jda
07/23/2017, 08:35 PM
The good/real ones have O rings. The cheap knock offs do not. Be careful and buy the right pump.

2000se
07/24/2017, 05:48 AM
So I can be clear as well - could you please explain this in more detail? TY!

The good/real ones have O rings. The cheap knock offs do not. Be careful and buy the right pump.

jayball
07/24/2017, 07:46 AM

If you are talking about the MJ pumps it is easier than that. Marineland pumps are trash made in China, Cobalt is good and made Europe like the originals.