PDA

View Full Version : AI Hydra26 connectivity problems

Janice12
07/22/2017, 05:36 PM
So, here goes. I followed the guide on AI's website for setting it up with my Android phone. I do not have WiFi at home just my phone. The WiFi says that the network is not in range. Never got it to connect. Even took it to my mum's house to try their WiFi to see if it was stronger. Got their PC to recognize the network, but only for a second. Then tried using her WiFi on my phone to connect to it, no dice. Someone suggested a WiFi booster, but I'm not sure that will do anything. Has anyone had these kind of problems with connecting using only a cell phone, or even the PC? Can you help a girl out?

Oh, one or two more questions, even if I do get it connected and program it somewhere with good wifi, will it still hold its programming and run at my house without WiFi? Or does it need constant streaming WiFi to work?

Chicagoreef2016
07/24/2017, 09:47 AM
So, here goes. I followed the guide on AI's website for setting it up with my Android phone. I do not have WiFi at home just my phone. The WiFi says that the network is not in range. Never got it to connect. Even took it to my mum's house to try their WiFi to see if it was stronger. Got their PC to recognize the network, but only for a second. Then tried using her WiFi on my phone to connect to it, no dice. Someone suggested a WiFi booster, but I'm not sure that will do anything. Has anyone had these kind of problems with connecting using only a cell phone, or even the PC? Can you help a girl out?

Oh, one or two more questions, even if I do get it connected and program it somewhere with good wifi, will it still hold its programming and run at my house without WiFi? Or does it need constant streaming WiFi to work?

I used to have the Hydra 26HD. At first I connected it through my network, and then directly to my phone. Every time I tried to bring up the app, I had to spend 5 -10 minutes "connecting" to the light. it seemed to drop the connection non-stop. I spoke with their help desk and didn't get anything to help the situation. I swapped out the light, but mainly for lighting reasons (to T5).

Janice12
07/24/2017, 02:32 PM
Well thank you, glad to know I'm not the only one. Tried the WiFi booster amd nothing. I'll just wait until the boyfriend can do it. His works on his phone.

Valentini89
07/25/2017, 01:46 AM
I used to have the Hydra 26HD. At first I connected it through my network, and then directly to my phone. Every time I tried to bring up the app, I had to spend 5 -10 minutes "connecting" to the light. it seemed to drop the connection non-stop. I spoke with their help desk and didn't get anything to help the situation. I swapped out the light, but mainly for lighting reasons (to T5).

Maybe this will help http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2307040