PDA

View Full Version : Nitrate and Phosphate Dosing Pictures

jpfishfan09
07/22/2017, 06:32 PM
Does anyone have any photos or proof of their progress? I see lots of threads but few pictures. Many claims of improved growth and color. Any before and after pictures of either nitrate or phosphate dosing are appreciated!

djbon
07/22/2017, 07:30 PM
I don't get the idea of removing all and later adding the things being removed. Remove less so that you don't have to add. Unless you are running ULNS because the system you deploy say so, it just a waste of time and money doing counter productive method of reef keeping. Sorry, doesn't mean to be rude here.

jpfishfan09
07/22/2017, 07:50 PM
Sure, that makes sense. But many people encounter this problem without aggressive nutrient removal. For example, my own tank has only a refugium, no skimmer or media. I feed multiple times a day, but my nitrates and phosphates still register at undetectable. I want to keep my fuge for the night time ph benefit of a reverse photoperiod. There are many threads with people debating how to increase nutrients. I would prefer this thread to stay on topic, which is photographs and results of people dosing phosphate and nitrate.

Cheapreef
07/22/2017, 07:51 PM
I don't get the idea of removing all and later adding the things being removed. Remove less so that you don't have to add. Unless you are running ULNS because the system you deploy say so, it just a waste of time and money doing counter productive method of reef keeping. Sorry, doesn't mean to be rude here.

All depends on the situation IMO. I run over saturated Kalk (3tsp) with vinegar to keep up with proper levels. Which makes my nitrates 0 (carbon dosing) So I have to dose Nitrates to get them up around 2ppm to maintain better SPS colour.