PDA

View Full Version : Is this a joke?

SoloChromis
07/22/2017, 11:25 PM
Am I missing something? A $15 Indonesian domino damsel on Diver's Den??

Reefer40b
07/22/2017, 11:36 PM
what were you expecting it be the normal 5 bucks... not sure what your referring to..

moondoggy4
07/22/2017, 11:43 PM
50 cents for the fish and 14.50 for shipping. Yeah Diver Den can sometimes be a little expensive, but I have done pretty good by them. I just got a Yellow/Golden Figi Fan Tail Bleeny for 30 bucks normally 70.

Breadman03
07/23/2017, 08:16 AM
Remember that you live in FL where there is a decent number of LFS. There's areas of the country where "L" might be over 2 hours away, and it makes sense to be able to offer products to those folks that might not have another practical source.

SoloChromis
07/23/2017, 09:16 AM
Remember that you live in FL where there is a decent number of LFS. There's areas of the country where "L" might be over 2 hours away, and it makes sense to be able to offer products to those folks that might not have another practical source.

Of course, that's one of the many benefits of the online retailers that are available. It's just bizarre to see one of the most pedestrian and pretty much universally disliked fish up on Diver's Den, at triple the retail price, amongst the typical unique variety of fish they offer. I'm just making an observation, since in the decade I've been checking up daily and ordering from there, I have never seen such a misfit tossed in.

ca1ore
07/23/2017, 06:10 PM
You couldn't pay me to add one of these to my tank ......

der_wille_zur_macht
07/23/2017, 06:20 PM
I've seen a few other oddballs on there in terms of low-end fish. There's another random damsel on there right now I think.

I'm assuming that they receive bulk wholesale lots of fish at the Wisconsin facility? Once a fish is there it probably doesn't make sense to send it to one of the other facilities and since only Diver's Den branded stuff ships out of Wisconsin, once it's there it probably just has to go up in Diver's Den regardless.

I just ordered a handful of coral from Diver's Den. I've bought a lot of livestock there and honestly I'm happy to see "normal" fish from time to time. I don't have the money or interest to stock my tank with rare, expensive fish all the time, it's nice to have the WYSIWYG format even for common livestock. I wish it was the standard in the online industry instead of the exception.