PDA

View Full Version : Treatment strategy

crabbydan
07/23/2017, 03:26 PM
I think I have a royal gramma and clown with brook. They both seem to have a pale coloring and muted almost slimy skin tone. I want to catch them and treat following some of the procedures noted in the stickies on this site.
I have 3 other fish in this tank a coral beauty a goby pistol shrimp pair and a green clown goby. The gobies and coral beaty seem to not be infected. Should i take all fish out of the display and treat them all together or should i try to remove them all go fallow and treat the 2 obviously impacted fish seperately from treating the fish that do not seem to be infected? I have severl 5, 10 and 20 gallon tanks I can set up as quarantine just want to know what is likely the best way to go?
I guess the 2nd part of this question is coral beauties and certain gobies immune to whatever the other 2 fish have or is it just a matter of time?

JustinM
07/24/2017, 03:29 PM
Clownfish seem to be more affected with brook, but any fish can get it. It is a fast killer and if you suspect brook, remove all fish and place in qt. They will need a formalin bath, acriflavine bath, or metronidazole. Multiple baths may be needed but don't do them back to back or daily.

The fallow period is 6 weeks for brook.

crabbydan
07/24/2017, 10:16 PM
so treat all fish and go fallow

JustinM
07/25/2017, 12:37 PM
That is what I would do

crabbydan
07/25/2017, 02:36 PM
Spending the day catching fish. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170725/8839cfe54e28eb3801773e712df43aaa.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JustinM
07/25/2017, 02:56 PM
At least you're catching with class��

crabbydan
07/25/2017, 07:21 PM
do you do water changes while fallow? I do plan to feed cuc, anemone and corals

crabbydan
07/25/2017, 07:25 PM
so far i caught the clown and shrimp twice keep putting them back. the baby coral beauty who shows no sign of infection the royal gramma and the most elusive gobie in the tunnel with his pistol shrimp are not playing well with me.
My home made trap has only been in the tank for an hour total time so far.

m0nkie
07/25/2017, 07:52 PM
royal gramma are a pain to catch imo... good luck.

for WC, it's mainly for coral anyways. Keep up your normal WC routine for your coral. reduce feeding to once or twice a week for CUC.

super boring period.

JustinM
07/26/2017, 12:32 AM
The shrimp can stay in the tank.

crabbydan
07/27/2017, 11:13 AM
Just can't seem to catch the royal g and the coral beauty. Royal looks bad Coral doesn't look infected at all. Clown is getting trated in QT. I think this is an ich issue and not brook as I would think after a week of major symptoms the gramma would be dead if this was brook. Going to partial empty tank and rocks tomorrow and see if i can catch the last 2

JustinM
07/27/2017, 07:23 PM
It's possible it has a temporary immunity. Do you have any pics of the infected fish?

crabbydan
08/14/2017, 01:08 AM
no pictures yet. The goby and the coral beauty look perfect still have not caught them. Got the Royal Caught he is going through TTM treatment round 3 of 6 before he gets added to the temp QT/Hospital tank 25 gallon in the office cycling now. Still trying to catch the last 2 fish and will TTM them seperately from the royal. Then its 8 weeks or 79 days or whatever the sticky says of running fallow while they live in the 25 lagoon IM temporary tank. Also I swear never again will I not QT a new purchased fish.

crabbydan
12/13/2017, 02:30 PM
So after 4 months of running fallow. I put fish back into my main display tank. Lost my orange spotted goby after he was cured and decided to go carpet surfing. Clown didn't make it. Coral Beauty and Royal Gramma only two survivors. Upon the end of my fallow time I picked up a pink spotted goby to pair with my pistol shrimp. They hooked up within the first 3 hours. Of course after a month of qt and 12 days of TTM with the new fish too. I timed it to move all 3 fish back into the tank on the same day.

Jdub968
12/13/2017, 11:15 PM
So after 4 months of running fallow. I put fish back into my main display tank. Lost my orange spotted goby after he was cured and decided to go carpet surfing. Clown didn't make it. Coral Beauty and Royal Gramma only two survivors. Upon the end of my fallow time I picked up a pink spotted goby to pair with my pistol shrimp. They hooked up within the first 3 hours. Of course after a month of qt and 12 days of TTM with the new fish too. I timed it to move all 3 fish back into the tank on the same day.

sorry to hear the others didn't make it but glad to hear you made it through the fallow period and that your QTing new fish