PDA

View Full Version : What to do..

Zagzoo71
07/24/2017, 06:57 AM
I had marine velvet wipe out my live stock early may of this year, wiping out 12 of 13 fish. My tank is 180g.. with all the rock work the sole survive I could not get out. Now little over 2 months later (after countless water changes, husbandry, etc..) the 1 fish fairy wrasse is still living with no problems. What should I do?

Safe to try another fish? I have tried 100x different ways of catching the wrasse but I cant get him. I 'glued' the rock scape together so taking all the rock out wont happen.

Suggestions? Killing me only have 1 fish swimming in a big tank.

Thanks

jerrypam5855
07/24/2017, 10:00 AM
What I have done in this case is to stop feeding for a couple of days then put a trap in with his favorite food .

JustinM
07/24/2017, 03:37 PM
You will have to get your wrasse out before you add any other fish. He may have a partial immunity for now but it won't last forever. For my wrasses, I caught them with an acclimation box. I put a live clam in the box and tied a string to the door and within minutes, they were all caught.

What jerrypam said, you may have to stop feeding for a day or two also.

Once your fish is out, it will need to be treated with copper, coppersafe is easier on wrasses than cupramine but I have never had issues with it and my wrasses. CP is very bad for wrasses.

If you have any questions, let me know.