PDA

View Full Version : Great Chaeto video

Brian01
07/24/2017, 08:34 AM
Thanks for another great video guys. I upgraded my chaeto filter to an H380 after watching your clown harem build, and so far have been thrilled. I have a question for you about keeping hair algae out of my filter. It eventually takes hold and once it does, it goes fast and can make a real mess. Do you have any tips other than simply scrubbing things down regularly? I keep hoping for a more maintenance free solution, but nothing tried so far from searches around here and other places works, it always starts eventually.

Thanks!

Randy_BRS
07/26/2017, 10:26 AM
Thanks for another great video guys. I upgraded my chaeto filter to an H380 after watching your clown harem build, and so far have been thrilled. I have a question for you about keeping hair algae out of my filter. It eventually takes hold and once it does, it goes fast and can make a real mess. Do you have any tips other than simply scrubbing things down regularly? I keep hoping for a more maintenance free solution, but nothing tried so far from searches around here and other places works, it always starts eventually.

Thanks!

Thanks for watching! :)

We don't really do much for maintenance on the BRS160 refugium other than occasionally flip the giant mass of Chaeto. We do have a power head down in the bottom of the fuge chamber to keep the water circulating. So far it's been growing extremely well!

-Randy

Brian01
07/26/2017, 12:23 PM
Thanks, I wish I could figure this one out, why sometimes it takes over and sometimes it doesn't. Its always in the tank, even if you don't see it, and as you guys mention in one of your videos it does grow faster than chaeto. Must be some magic to it that I'm just not seeing.:headwalls: