PDA

View Full Version : How often to feed Foxface

SycoCell
07/27/2017, 04:09 PM
I have a 3-4" foxface in my 6' 120g. He's about two weeks old in my tank and has really gotten active now that he's established. I've fed him a few clips of seaweed and he seem to enjoy it. Last piece was a few days ago. Today he's really been attacking hair algae and little odds and ends (algae on the shells of some of the snails). While I don't have a horrible hair algae problem, I have a decent amount on a few of the rocks.

How often do you feel him seaweed? If he's suddenly been eating algae, should I hold off on feeding him until he knocks the hair down a bit? Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jda
07/27/2017, 05:18 PM
If it keeps on eating the algae in the tank, it will be gone in a few days.

I feed pellets three times a day in auto feeder - NLS and Formula 2. Then, I feed Mysis every day as well.

cougareyes
07/27/2017, 08:37 PM
I run my lights in the evening, I toss some algae pellets in when the lights first come on; for the fox, tangs, and angel. Then I do the main tank feeding a bit later. I don't feed seaweed and I don't do multiple feedings a day. They graze throughout the rest of the time. It's always worked for me, fat bellies, beautiful colors, and no hlle.