PDA

View Full Version : Green spotted puffer poisoning or allergy ? HELP PLEASE


FinnCole
07/28/2017, 03:26 PM
Ok so this is the second time this has happend I have put my hands in my tank touched my puffer and gone all tingly for some reason not sure why I know puffer poison will kill you so was it my puffer that made me sick last time if I am still alive I heard that puffers lose there poison after being on captivity for a few years I have had mine for nearly 2 will the poison still be there according to the symptoms you get tingling around the mouth I don't have that I feel similar to when I get really stressed or excited so is this all in my head ? I have got this feeling from being on my trampoline for to long and my heart is beating fast from stress or am I allergic to something I the tank I heard people can have allergic reactions to brine shrimp and I might have given him some mysis shrimp or brine shrimp a few minutes before the last time this happend I feel tingly all around my body but not in my mouth also before I touched the puffer this time I had also fed mysis is this a allergy or all in my head ? Or have I been poisoned ? I heard green spotted puffers have a diffrent poison than most puffs and don't have tetradotoxin I have touched my puffer before and held him in my hand when I first got him and nothing happend

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

mitchrapp
07/28/2017, 05:28 PM
I think you have to eat them to get the poison. I pet my puffers and have handled them without gloves before (to trim their teeth).

FinnCole
07/29/2017, 04:52 PM
I think you have to eat them to get the poison. I pet my puffers and have handled them without gloves before (to trim their teeth).I am still alive not sure what's causing this I heard a very small amount of the poison could call these symptons

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

Naraku
07/29/2017, 08:35 PM
unless you have a cut, its highly unlikely.

But we are not the right place to ask. If you feel that way, you need to seek professional help asap.

trembz
07/30/2017, 08:36 AM
.....
Judging by this guys post history....
He's probably doing this for laughs like when he planned on eating mysis shrimp...
Anyways in the case you are serious, I'm sure just like your first time, you'll be fine.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

FinnCole
07/30/2017, 08:37 AM
.....
Judging by this guys post history....
He's probably doing this for laughs like when he planned on eating mysis shrimp...
Anyways in the case you are serious, I'm sure just like your first time, you'll be fine.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using TapatalkNa this wasn't a joke I wouldn't have written a whole paragraph if it wasn't

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

randomfishguy85
07/31/2017, 06:04 AM
Its not the puffer. They have to be eaten to have any effect. It could be bristleworms, frozen food, or even the salt itself. Touching a puffer is no different than touching any other fish

benjammin03
07/31/2017, 08:02 AM
Maybe puffers aren't meant for you if you have reactions this bad, whether they be actual reactions to the puffer or reactions created in your mind.

caribfan
08/01/2017, 06:30 AM
My first thought was stray current.

FinnCole
08/01/2017, 01:41 PM
Maybe puffers aren't meant for you if you have reactions this bad, whether they be actual reactions to the puffer or reactions created in your mind.Puffers are my favourite fish and the fish that got me into aquariums I have always wanted to keep them since I was 3 I thinks its a mental response I just get stressed easily like if I get a cut on my mouth I panic and think it's mouth cancer

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

FinnCole
08/01/2017, 03:31 PM
I think I have an allergy to mysis shrimp it happend again and I didn't touch my puffer but I did touch mysis shrimp

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

benjammin03
08/02/2017, 07:17 AM
Well you are going to want to find a way to handle that stress with all the ups and downs of the hobby. This also probably isn't the best place to go if you think you are having a medical emergency.