PDA

View Full Version : ~~~qt wall~~~

dh350twin
07/28/2017, 06:40 PM
Hey guys I am in the process of building my new fish room. Where I will have 2 650 lagoon style tanks.
I want to use one wall and build a qt section for fish.
My original thought was using 4- 40 breeders and 12-20 longs. All on one rack I build against the wall.
Anyone have anything similar or any suggestions on how this can be done using as little space as possible?
Don

Mishri
07/28/2017, 11:09 PM
biggest problem with that is cross contamination, especially via water particles. I like to put my QT's in different rooms. or at least across a room.

Mishri
07/28/2017, 11:28 PM
biggest problem with that is cross contamination, especially via water particles. I like to put my QT's in different rooms. or at least across a room.

dh350twin
07/28/2017, 11:43 PM

All qt tanks will have there own filtration and will be lidded

rygar
08/06/2017, 06:02 PM
That many quarantine tanks will drive you crazy.... One tank will have a fish with this parasite, that tank with that parasite, those 2 tanks have a bacterial infection, these fish aren't eating so they need special food, those fish are fine...oh wait stringy poop, oh shoot, my hands weren't dry...did I just cross contaminate?? Uh oh, I think that fish just splashed water into the other tank. Did I just drip water from this tank to that tank while cleaning the filters? Why did that fish stop eating?
And it will just go on and on until you head bursts and you realize you wish you had done it differently.
Why don't you look into doing a few large quarantine tanks? And quarantine groups of fish together and put them all thru the same process.

dh350twin
08/06/2017, 10:10 PM
That many quarantine tanks will drive you crazy.... One tank will have a fish with this parasite, that tank with that parasite, those 2 tanks have a bacterial infection, these fish aren't eating so they need special food, those fish are fine...oh wait stringy poop, oh shoot, my hands weren't dry...did I just cross contaminate?? Uh oh, I think that fish just splashed water into the other tank. Did I just drip water from this tank to that tank while cleaning the filters? Why did that fish stop eating?

And it will just go on and on until you head bursts and you realize you wish you had done it differently.

Why don't you look into doing a few large quarantine tanks? And quarantine groups of fish together and put them all thru the same process.

I have decided to connect each row to a sump. So 3 rows 3 sumps

rygar
08/07/2017, 04:37 PM
I have decided to connect each row to a sump. So 3 rows 3 sumps

Very good idea. You gonna put some kind of wall/separation between each system?

Newms118
08/07/2017, 08:31 PM
Hey guys I am in the process of building my new fish room. Where I will have 2 650 lagoon style tanks.
I want to use one wall and build a qt section for fish.
My original thought was using 4- 40 breeders and 12-20 longs. All on one rack I build against the wall.
Anyone have anything similar or any suggestions on how this can be done using as little space as possible?
Don

Man DO NOT do this. I tried having a QT in the same room with a DT. Terrible idea. I got lots of cross contamination, and the tanks were at least 7 feet apart. Its not worth it, now the QT is in a bathroom way far away from the DT.