PDA

View Full Version : My SECOND wrasse miracle

brett559
08/01/2017, 04:10 PM
Okay, so here's the rundown on my first wrasse miracle:
http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2641407

So today I'm doing a little tank maintenance and I see a little red face looking at me from my left corner overflow box. My little Hawaiian flame wrasse, which I assumed had perished, was swimming around in there. It look a little effort to get her out, but she's swimming around, no worse for wear. She was in there for at least a month, if not more. She ate with gusto when I put some food in the tank.

These wrasses are amazing. What was she eating? Just whatever came over the overflow I assume.

Cliving1
08/01/2017, 06:21 PM
Nice man, good to hear its still alive. Probably as you said or grazing. Does it look skinny?

rhdoug
08/01/2017, 08:03 PM
I had a small wrasse (maybe a sixline, can't remember now) several years ago that would hop back and forth between the overflow and tank every few days. I never actually saw him do it, but he went from one to the other for a couple of years.

Moort82
08/02/2017, 05:49 AM
There was someone who had one of their gem tangs do the same thing and they were very surprised and happy they found it several weeks later.
The mandarin i have had for the last 6 years or so was found by her previous owner, months after she disappeared, and as thin as you could imagine. She now looks like fat and happy but hasn't grown at all in that time and stayed at an inch and a half long.

Kremis
08/02/2017, 10:14 AM
I found my jawfish in my overflow, but luckily I got him out. I think he was only in there for a few days