PDA

View Full Version : Thinking about a 220G, need advice.

IUfan
08/02/2017, 11:46 AM
I transported my 180 gallon tank across country, but when I unloaded there was a small chip on one of the edges. That + my desire to change the Overflow to a ghost overflow now have me thinking of just switching up to a 220 as it would fit on the same stand.

What do everyone think of Marineland tanks? I'm leaning towards the stock glass tanks that are out there, and the marineland is nice as it has no existing overflows.

If that's the way to go, does anyone know of a place in Denver that can drill glass? I drilled my 180 and have no desire to do that again unless I have no other option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Clowning_Around
08/02/2017, 02:26 PM
Check with the local fish stores (not the big chains) and they most likely do it, heck if you get the tank from them they may cut you a deal plus you'd be supporting your local small shops.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Sounds Fishy
08/02/2017, 04:35 PM
In the past,I read some complaints on this form about Marineland,however I have a 220(Marineland),and no problems.Before you drill make sure the panel isn't tempered.

ace_92101
08/02/2017, 11:26 PM
Is it a used tank? Won't drilling it void the warranty?

JZinCO
08/03/2017, 09:08 AM
If that's the way to go, does anyone know of a place in Denver that can drill glass? I drilled my 180 and have no desire to do that again unless I have no other option.

Check out the facebook group 'colorado reef keepers' or the MASC forum. There are umpteen reef stores in Denver. They can suggest shops or even lend a hand

IUfan
08/03/2017, 03:02 PM
Yeah, I'll ask around on there. Thanks.

Can anyone comment on the ghost overflows? Anyone installed one?

I'm trying to figure out how it interacts with the plastic bracing around the top edge of the tank

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk