PDA

View Full Version : Can You Recommend a MFG for a new Tank?

Gagonzalez
08/04/2017, 10:41 AM
I am having a new home built and have the go ahead from the boss to start purchasing a new tank once we move in. We've discussed how it will take approximately 2-3 years before we have everything the way we want and that the cost will probably be in the neighborhood of 10k (By the way, we want to go slow so that it can be purchased as we save and have the money and not put on CC's).

My issue is that there aren't many Manufacturers to purchase from. So far, my options are:

CadLights Artisan II 165g (72x24x24)
Red Sea Reefer 750 XXL 160g (71x24x26)

Are there other good Manufacturers that can ship a tank? I know the above tanks are pretty much complete systems but at minimum, I am looking for a RR Tank and Matching Stand. I can purchase a custom sump, skimmer, lights, etc.... My goal is to have the system as a Triton based system so a big refugium is a must (May need to do a custom sump).

Hopefully someone can chime in with some suggestions.

Thanks in Advance.

George

cleanmyaquarium
08/04/2017, 12:11 PM
Lifetime aquariums make great tanks

Customaquariums.com

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

WLachnit
08/04/2017, 04:58 PM
I highly recommend Crystal Dynamics Aquariums (CDA)...formerly Leemar. They are based in Oceanside, CA. They are custom made to your specs...and most likely much less than Redsea.

jlfalin
08/06/2017, 03:22 PM
I used Acrylic and Glass Exhibits (AGE). Still working on setting it up but the build quality is amazing. I have a 84x45x29 tank. It is a hybrid. It has a 1" PVC bottom with 3/4" glass sides. The whole thing has a powder coated stainless steel top and bottom. Like I said it is top notch quality and. I am extremely happy with the looks of the tank. Should be starting my aquscape in a few weeks and then work on getting the tank filled ��.

crimsonblue
08/06/2017, 04:54 PM
I used Acrylic and Glass Exhibits (AGE). Still working on setting it up but the build quality is amazing. I have a 84x45x29 tank. It is a hybrid. It has a 1" PVC bottom with 3/4" glass sides. The whole thing has a powder coated stainless steel top and bottom. Like I said it is top notch quality and. I am extremely happy with the looks of the tank. Should be starting my aquscape in a few weeks and then work on getting the tank filled ��.

Do you have any pics to share at the moment? I've been considering a hybrid tank for a while, and was hoping to hear that it was just as strong as all-glass, and much lighter.

dartier
08/06/2017, 08:28 PM
I am biased, but I would suggest Miracles. They are far from you, but local to me, but they do ship lots of tanks the US.

They have a very good reputation for quality. Google them.

Dennis

Gagonzalez
08/07/2017, 12:39 PM
Thanks guys! I am going to check all these out and see what ends up working best for the new home.

Thanks again for all your help!

kalare
08/11/2017, 06:33 PM
http://www.scaquariums.com/

Very good pricing, will ship to you, high-clarity glass...they do custom too. There's an owners thread on RC as well if you're looking for reviews. I had mine drilled in the back for a ghost overflow, but they come standard with center overflows and include large glass sumps as well.

lieberca
09/11/2017, 12:44 PM
I was looking at the smaller (~50G) versions of the same tanks OP mentioned, and ended up going with a custom Crystal Dynamics so I could get exactly the dimensions I wanted. Pricing was a bit more than Red Sea, but hope the quality and exact size make up for it! (expecting delivery in about a month)

ThRoewer
09/16/2017, 02:05 PM
I wish Aquarium Waterman (https://www.aquarium-watermann.de/) (use Chrome's translate function if you can't read German) was in the US and still taking orders... unfortunately he somewhat retired (if you have a really interesting project he may still do it though).
He and his team built amazing tanks of the highest quality. I suggest to have a look at some of the "Reference" systems, if for no other reason than to get an idea how a professionally build tank should look like (the Crystal Dynamics tank I have is a far cry from that) and what tank shapes are possible. The filter technology is a bit outdated though (those were from the 1990s and early 2000s).