PDA

View Full Version : Sick anemone

dhjunkie
08/04/2017, 02:30 PM
Is it too late for this poor thing?

aznflyfisherman
08/04/2017, 03:21 PM
Hello i found this small rbta in my tank, how would you guys get this little guy to grow. It doesnt look like its growing to me. Its the size of a nickle. Thanks.. i didn't mean to post mine on your post, sorry thiught i start on a different one.

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=10227&pictureid=78326

dhjunkie
08/04/2017, 03:24 PM
Hopefully we can both get help.

aznflyfisherman
08/04/2017, 03:26 PM
Junkie i think as long as its not melting away, i think it still has a chance. Maybe take a better picture with less blue, hard to see whats wrong with it, except its closed up.

dhjunkie
08/04/2017, 04:12 PM
Thanks az for responding. Here are a couple different shots. Thanks in advance.

Diana A
08/04/2017, 04:38 PM
Aznflyfisherman - that is a baby. Make sure it is getting a lot of light and feed it once a week. It doesn't grow big quickly

Lance M.
08/04/2017, 04:56 PM
Thanks az for responding. Here are a couple different shots. Thanks in advance.

Try not to disturb it and watch very closely. It looks pretty far gone but not dead yet.

What are you water parameters and tank details, how long have you had the anemone?

dhjunkie
08/04/2017, 06:03 PM
Thanks for the response. It's in a 20 gal high that been up and running for 18 months. I do a 10% water change weekly. I've had the anemone for almost 5 months. Lighting is provided by an AI prime HD. Everything but red, green and white are at 100 to 110%. Red, green and white are at 10%. Lights run from 8 to 8 with 2 1/2 hour ramp up/down. I'm sans test kit so not sure about paramaters. Ler me know if i can provide any additional info other than the parameters. Thanks in advance.

Lance M.
08/04/2017, 09:30 PM
Thanks for the response. It's in a 20 gal high that been up and running for 18 months. I do a 10% water change weekly. I've had the anemone for almost 5 months. Lighting is provided by an AI prime HD. Everything but red, green and white are at 100 to 110%. Red, green and white are at 10%. Lights run from 8 to 8 with 2 1/2 hour ramp up/down. I'm sans test kit so not sure about paramaters. Ler me know if i can provide any additional info other than the parameters. Thanks in advance.

See if you can take a water sample to your lfs and have them test it.

What did it look like when you first purchased it? Has it gotten smaller and lost its tentacles over time?

I do not know enough about led's to comment on it but I would take a look at other users of that fixture and see if your combinations/intensities are relative to what they are using.