PDA

View Full Version : Algae control issue

ahuaia
08/04/2017, 02:28 PM
Hi guys so I've been running my 10 gallon reef tank for about 6-7 months now and have been doing pretty good however I recently started adding frags to my tank and introduced some green slime algae along with other kinds of algae. The green slime algae is the bigg
est issue my cuc can't keep up with it and I is starting to take over anyways I've started feeding less to help reduce my phosphates and will be getting a reef glass protein skimmer to help as well my question is what would be a good product to help me kill off most of this algae without hurting my coral and invertebrates? Thanks in advance for your guy's help you have all already saved my life more then once .

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Brieninsac
08/04/2017, 02:32 PM
After about 6-weeks I've been seeing good results using Vibrant.

http://amzn.to/2v71f5I

mcgyvr
08/04/2017, 04:14 PM
With a 10g tank there is nothing else you need to do but perform more water changes to reduce both nitrates and phosphates to acceptable LOW levels.
The algae will be starved out..

Then get on a better maintenance schedule to ensure those nutrient levels don't become a problem again.. Your corals will thank you too..
But yes.. water changes are all you need and the simplest solution to pollution in such a small tank..