PDA

View Full Version : Small Polyp Goni Placement

fischcrazy
08/04/2017, 04:54 PM
Sprung on my first goniopora today, my LFS gets them in stcok pretty frequently and ive been wanting to try one for a while. I cant seem to find much info on smaller polyp Gonis, just the really long tentacled ones. I did some research a few months ago that suggested they like higher flow and placement than the longer species. If you have a smaller polyped one, is this generally true? Where are yours placed? Im running 2x AI Hydra 26 HDs, tank is 20" deep

Kremis
08/09/2017, 11:03 AM
i had one for over a year in the same spot, like middle of the tank with moderate flow. it grew about half a cm in that year then slowly died, they are a touchy species

WLachnit
08/13/2017, 11:13 AM
I would be interested in knowing whether they are hardier than the regular Goni.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ozmosis7
08/17/2017, 06:38 AM
I keep my stuchberri goni at the bottom of my tank in a lower flow. Mine has been hardier, and survived spikes.

fischcrazy
08/18/2017, 07:52 AM
Awesome, thanks yall! the last few weeks have been crazy so i just moved it off the bottom, in the upper bottom 1/3 under moderate flow. do yours swell up like crazy in the morning? i have good polyp extension during the day but at night it basically turns into a giant tissue bubble