PDA

View Full Version : Making a skimmer for a 16g biocube

Ejb
08/04/2017, 09:12 PM
I cant find a decent skimmer that will fit in the chamber 1 of the biocube. So I figure why not create my own. Basically what im thinking is an air stone driven skimmer just like the coralife but with a better pump and air stone. Imo something that will sit higher then the coralife with a better pump will make better skimmate. I would like to know if this idea is ridiculous or im on to something. From what i understand skimmers to be is a tube with air bubbles going through them to make the skimmate. Now from what I want to make will be ajustable height wise due to water level. What do you guys think?

ericarenee
08/04/2017, 09:18 PM
my opinion for a tank that size you do not need one.. just do a water change each week in a amount related to the weekly nutrient build you can do this with a simple ato...

Ejb
08/04/2017, 09:34 PM
Yea I understand that, I already do weekly 20 percent water changes. Have 1 fish. What do you mean through the ato? I have the tunze osmolator that tops my tank off. I know the tank does not need a skimmer, but I would like to see if I can make one for this biocube that is not crap.

Ejb
08/04/2017, 09:39 PM
Not the best current photo but I feel like building something for this