PDA

View Full Version : ATI Sunpower Buzzing

BigBlueTang
08/05/2017, 01:44 PM
Hi Everyone,
I finally got my ATI Sunpower up and running last night, but now there seems to be a loud buzzing noise coming from the fixture, and I'm not too sure what it is. Anyone have suggestions? I'm 99% sure it's not the fans, as I've turned them off but the buzzing continues. I'm running the fans at 3.5v right now.
Thank you!

drew2007
08/06/2017, 11:09 AM
My guess would be one of the ballasts. Could be a bad bulb but it's unlikely if the bulb isn't flickering or anything.

BigBlueTang
08/06/2017, 06:11 PM
Hi Drew,
Thanks for the response. I really hope it's not a ballast, as I just received the fixture, brand new. Any other ideas?

dz6t
08/08/2017, 07:14 AM
One of my ATI fixture has the buzzing ballast issue. It is the ballast. The good thing is that ATI replacement ballasts can be bought from BRS, like $25.

mcgyvr
08/08/2017, 10:26 AM
Hi Drew,
Thanks for the response. I really hope it's not a ballast, as I just received the fixture, brand new. Any other ideas?

Stuff happens.. Even with good companies..
Contact the company you bought it from and discuss it with them..
They will probably have you exchange the fixture or something..

Not a bad idea to swap bulbs over between channels to ensure its not just a bulb causing it..

You sure its not the silly ATI shaped sheet metal hitting the fans?
Or a loose bulb,etc..

BigBlueTang
08/08/2017, 11:42 AM
One of my ATI fixture has the buzzing ballast issue. It is the ballast. The good thing is that ATI replacement ballasts can be bought from BRS, like $25.

I think you're right. I'm already in contact with ATI about it, and they're as confused as I am.

Stuff happens.. Even with good companies..
Contact the company you bought it from and discuss it with them..
They will probably have you exchange the fixture or something..

Not a bad idea to swap bulbs over between channels to ensure its not just a bulb causing it..

You sure its not the silly ATI shaped sheet metal hitting the fans?
Or a loose bulb,etc..

Thanks for the advice. They are a good company, and I understand that mistakes happen. They advised me to take out bulbs until the buzzing stopped, and then figure out if it was a ballast or bulb. I'm sure something will stop it. It's pretty loud honestly. Yeah, I've turned the fans off and the buzzing continues, and I'm pretty sure it's not a loose bulb. I'll update this thread after I've done what they've asked me to.