PDA

View Full Version : Wrasses compatible with 6 line????

Sohal Tang Tim
08/06/2017, 09:12 PM
i AM hoping to reach people that are into wrasses....I want to be able to keep a couple of wrasses and one of them a 6 line...what fairy wrasses would get along with a 6 line? Would a sailfin fairy wrasse get along with it?

Thanks

Tim

:hmm2::hmm2:

joecc
08/07/2017, 07:44 AM
No. If you have a 6 line, it should be your only wrasse

Sohal Tang Tim
08/07/2017, 08:44 AM
Thanks Joecc...that's exactly what I suspected...danggggg...decisions decisions!!!!
Not sure if I want that to be the only wrasse...mmmmmm They are very handy fish so I probably will go with the sixline....but they can be real **** disturbers..think it will bother my Yellow Headed Jawfish????? IF it does I don't want it.

joecc
08/07/2017, 08:46 AM
If it were me, I would not keep a six line, period. I would be concerned about your jawfish

d-man
08/07/2017, 08:58 AM
Get rid of the 6 line terror!

Sohal Tang Tim
08/07/2017, 09:17 AM
MMMMMMmmmm the things we knew and forgot...I am getting friggin old....fine..NO SIX LINE...Then..what is a gorgeous colourful wrasse to keep guys??? I love the male flame wrasse for example but my tank only 20 gallon so don't think ideal...Tim

joecc
08/07/2017, 09:20 AM
pink streaked, possum, flashers, fairies, will be fine with pearly jawfish.

Sohal Tang Tim
08/07/2017, 09:23 AM
which one is nicest in your opinion Joecc? I have only kept leopard, flame and sixline and a Christmas and melanarus wrasses..so very green on wrasses....

Sohal Tang Tim
08/07/2017, 09:25 AM
That possum is kinda neat..the pink streaked is not for me.....never kept either...will check the fairy's and others..thx...

Whats your favorite fairy wrasse and why?

Tim

Sohal Tang Tim
08/07/2017, 09:32 AM
OMG the Scott's Fairy wrasse is gorgeous..what can you tell me about them Joe?
forget it ...needs 125 tank or bigger gets 6 inch! danggggg what a beauty...

Thx

Tim

albano
08/07/2017, 09:35 AM
Scott's can also be very aggressive

Sohal Tang Tim
08/07/2017, 09:38 AM
Thanks Albano...I am leaning towards a Mystery Wrasse..wondering if it will bother my jawfish..I don't want anythingggggg that will bother my jawfish...love that little guy lolol
I think the mystery will be ok...kept one before had zero problem with it but it was in a 300 gallon ..this one is only 20 gallon but its packed lots of rock and high quality water and major oxygen so I should be able to get away with it I am thinking....

albano
08/07/2017, 09:42 AM
Starting with a smaller mystery wrasse should help...I personally have not had problems with mine, but I do not have jawfish.

Sohal Tang Tim
08/07/2017, 09:45 AM
ya I think I will go that route..I loved my last mystery wrasse..they are a real mystery the way they disappear and all of a sudden reappear out of nowhere it seems..they are a real mystery HAHA... I will miss the 6 line as they are a gorgeous wrasse but they are trouble..I know that and suspected that after memory loss and nowww you guys have confirmed it...I musssst resist the temptation haha... for the money they are drop dead gorgeous fish though...its funny its all in value in mind...if they priced the 6 line at $300...people would change the value in their mind of that gorgeous fish..same as yellows..they COULD ask $300 a fish and people would pay it eventually! SCARY THOUGHT...DELETE THIS IMMEDIATE BEFORE THE STORES SEE IT! lolol

cougareyes
08/07/2017, 02:27 PM
None of the wrasses you're thinking about will do well in a 20g, aggression will be one of the consequences. What about a pink streaked and tanakas possum wrasse combo. I had both but not in the same tank, they are both beautiful and great fish. The pink streaked is a highly underrated fish.

Sohal Tang Tim
08/07/2017, 02:31 PM
courgar if I put an exquisite wrasse in the 20g with noooo other wrasses you think he be ok? Water quality and oxygen high quality and wrockwork loaded with hiding places etc...
Good water movement....

??? Tim

cougareyes
08/07/2017, 04:38 PM
courgar if I put an exquisite wrasse in the 20g with noooo other wrasses you think he be ok? Water quality and oxygen high quality and wrockwork loaded with hiding places etc...
Good water movement....

??? Tim

Not near enough swimming room, they will literally go nuts. I would be hard pressed to even put one in a 40B, which is a 3' tank and some people do. They really need more like a 4' tank, 55g being the minimum. Their aggression will not be limited to just other wrasses.

evolved
08/07/2017, 04:43 PM
Mystery is the same genus as a sixline, with nearly the same attitude once mature. And not suitable for 20g either I'm afraid.

The only wrasses well suited for the tank size are either those of the Wetmorella genus or a Pink Streak.

joecc
08/07/2017, 04:46 PM
None of the wrasses you're thinking about will do well in a 20g, aggression will be one of the consequences. What about a pink streaked and tanakas possum wrasse combo. I had both but not in the same tank, they are both beautiful and great fish. The pink streaked is a highly underrated fish.

Tim,

The only wrasses you should keep on a 20G are possum an pink streaked, period.

You can keep one of each as cougereyes is suggesting.

joecc
08/07/2017, 04:48 PM
Not near enough swimming room, they will literally go nuts. I would be hard pressed to even put one in a 40B, which is a 3' tank and some people do. They really need more like a 4' tank, 55g being the minimum. Their aggression will not be limited to just other wrasses.

Cougareyes,

Did you prefer the pink streaked or the Tanaka? I know they're both cryptic, was either more active and out more?

cougareyes
08/07/2017, 05:19 PM
Cougareyes,

Did you prefer the pink streaked or the Tanaka? I know they're both cryptic, was either more active and out more?

Pink streaked is my favorite all time of any fish when I was keeping nano tanks. He was very active and entertaining, always cruising through the rocks, never bothered anyone and eagerly accepted all foods offered. They are pod eating machines, I originally got him because I was over run with amphipods actually eating my corals. Pictures do not do them justice, when happy and healthy they are very vibrant and quite beautiful. Tanakas are also cool, but much more crytic, slow moving and although interesting, not near as entertaining as the pink streaked.

Sohal Tang Tim
08/07/2017, 05:36 PM
Joecc,,,I think you are bang on after much reading today...dangggggg...but..do you think I can get away with both the possum and the pink lined in my Fusion 20 gorgeous little reef tank? Honestly it is HARD to not just get a sixline and take my chances but I know I will regret it with the jawfish in there...so...I am leaning pink streak and possum...Thx for your super help and genuine advice everyone! Very much appreciated and super help! Tim

joecc
08/07/2017, 08:37 PM
Pink streaked is my favorite all time of any fish when I was keeping nano tanks. He was very active and entertaining, always cruising through the rocks, never bothered anyone and eagerly accepted all foods offered. They are pod eating machines, I originally got him because I was over run with amphipods actually eating my corals. Pictures do not do them justice, when happy and healthy they are very vibrant and quite beautiful. Tanakas are also cool, but much more crytic, slow moving and although interesting, not near as entertaining as the pink streaked.

Awesome thanks!