PDA

View Full Version : Cynarina

mradonis
08/07/2017, 05:03 PM
I go this piece about 12 days ago and he was fully opened. The following day when my BTA opened it touch the cynarina and he closed. I moved him as soon as I saw it.

He has not opened up since then, and I haved moved him a couple of times since then to see if it was the spot he was in. I tried placing him out of direct light in between rocks to limit the flow, but he did not open. I finally decide not to keep moving him around and placed him on the bottom of the tank.

I am placing 1/2 of silverside every other day in his mouth and he is eating. His sweepers are extending at night.

My water parameters nare as follows:

Salinity 1.025
Calc 415
Alk 9.75
Nitrate 5ppm
Phos 0
Nitrite 0
Amonia 0

All SPS and LPS are doing great. Any suggestions?

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170807/f4bbdf8d6ad9f8ed4bad27aae10913c9.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

theshaman
08/08/2017, 12:16 AM
Put it in a low flow area.

theshaman
08/08/2017, 12:17 AM
Don't feed too much

Arnallop3
08/08/2017, 09:49 AM
I've read to feed once or twice a week. When i feed my blastos and acans...they seem to get tired from eating so I like to give them run between feedings. Plus they also eat what's in the water

AlSimmons
08/08/2017, 10:52 AM
You might want to try placing the coral on the sandbed instead of the rocks. The tissue on these is kind of delicate and you definitely don't want to coral to injure itself on the rocks. Also, as long as your parameters are within reason and the coral is receiving enough light it really doesn't need to be fed. If your hell bent on doing this though once every 10-14 days should suffice. (fresh shrimp or scallop) The link below might help.

http://www.advancedaquarist.com/2003/11/inverts

sdbc
08/16/2017, 04:25 PM
That Favia in the picture looks a little too close for comfort. They have some potent sweepers and might be harrasing your Cyanarina. I would add an inch or two of extra space so you could eliminate that as a potential cause of your problem. I hope it just needs some time before it gets comfy and opens up again.