PDA

View Full Version : Dottybacks

Miles of Ocean
08/07/2017, 08:49 PM
Has anyone ever kept a neon dottyback and an orchid dottyback together? I like both.

Cliving1
08/08/2017, 05:10 AM
I dont think it would be a good idea. I also have a neon, and it is the spawn of all evil. Hate this fish. Beautiful to look at but has an attitude. Luckily my clown amd angel and much bigger and dont take his crap. I attempted a new intro, had to get the new fish out within a minute and rehome.

twitchy
08/08/2017, 05:27 AM
I wouldn't either, I had an orchid that wouldn't let me add another fish until I rehomed him, brought in the new fish, and brought him back after a month or so. Still had issues with him after that, but wasn't as bad.
So if you're set on it you could try that

Half Vaped
08/08/2017, 05:36 AM
I once had four ORA Dottybacks (Orchid, Black Neon, Electric Indigo and Striped) that I introduced at the same time and got along in my 150 G for almost a year before they all died in a crash.

The Orchid is the most chill Dottyback and the Neon is considered one of the mean ones. It might work if you get captive bred ones (which tend to be less belligerent) and introduce the Orchid first. But no guarantees. And I wouldn't try it at all in something smaller than a 90 G.

Miles of Ocean
08/08/2017, 05:51 AM
Just thinking of fish combinations for the 110 that I'm putting together.

Cliving1
08/08/2017, 10:53 AM
In that size you have many options!