PDA

View Full Version : Would like assitance from an RODI expert

Abstract3000
08/09/2017, 01:30 AM
Hey there,
So I'm going to make a long story short and get right to the point, I happened to notice today when I took my RODI unit off the wall something strange about the connections, more direct to the point realized I had the faucet plugged directly into the waste line, and the input line in the drain :headwally:

so... for nearly the last 2 years I have been doing 5 Gallons Weekly from this unit, It is a BRS 4 Stage with 150GPD Upgrade (2 RO Membranes) and the only thing I ever noticed was the pressure gauge showed an extremely low PSI, but my handheld TDS meter read 0 :confused:

When I noticed I immediately swapped it pressure is now 60PSI and everything I suspect is good but I am having trouble understanding what exactly was going on? Why did mostly everything including the DI resin change appear to be working normally? What exactly was my unit doing when I sent the water through the waste line, and what kind of water was I getting from the good line in the end? I seriously feel like an idiot with such a stupid mistake, but would like to at least understand what specifically was going on.

Thanks for your consideration.