PDA

View Full Version : The Fish Keeper in blue bottle

deadseascrolls
08/09/2017, 08:04 PM
Hi everyone,

I was wondering about The Fish Keeper Marine Formula medicine (blue bottle). Some claim success, others claim snake oil. It is made by Tropical Science Biolabs. I got some from another hobbyist who said it worked and he liked it. I am wondering if it is worthy. I recently had a sick fish in my tank, and contemplated using it. It also says it can be used as a preventative. I used it in a bucket w/ my dying fish, but I think the fish was too far gone, it died.

Anyone using this product w/ success? or find it possible to determine any efficacy? as a fish disease treatment or preventative?

-Will

jerrypam5855
08/10/2017, 05:18 AM
I just checked this out. I have never used this but I have been in the hobby since the 70's. I wouldn't waste my money on this. The best way to improve your fishes health is clean water and a variety of good frozen foods and dry foods. I always have on hand 10 or more frozen foods and 10 or more flake and pellets to feed. Quarantine everything that's wet that you will be putting in your tank. As far a disease prevention or cure Fishkeeper will do nothing to help with that. Good luck.

deadseascrolls
08/10/2017, 12:17 PM
Thanks for the reply Jerry.