PDA

View Full Version : JBJ Nano cube stocking recommendations

kupadupapupa
08/09/2017, 07:56 PM
I would like to stock my 28 nano cube with some peaceful fishes, at least 4 of them. I would definitely like a fire fish, can anyone give me some ideas on what else would be good to go in there?

I was originally thinking 2 clowns, purple fire fish and a pajama cardinal. I just want to make sure the clowns won't bother the fire fish though.

Skyjacker07
08/09/2017, 08:22 PM
My clowns don't bother my firefish at all, there's always a court jester goby, or rainsford goby. Pajama cardinals get to a decent size, and don't add any movement at all, usually just hover in place. You could always do some type of blenny too.

kupadupapupa
08/09/2017, 08:27 PM
Do blenny's move sand around? If they're anything like this goby I used to have he would move so much substrate around that drove me nuts.

ReefWreak
08/10/2017, 07:08 AM
Your initial stocking list sounded perfect. A mostly nice, peaceful tank. The clowns can get aggressive, but in my experience, they're more aggressive to the tank owner than they are to other tank mates.

Blennies do not generally move sand around. Only some gobies move sand too, and of those that do, I've found that it is the specific individual fish personality that decides it more than an entire species. I've seen plenty of diamond sandsifting gobies who sift sand in a reasonable fashion, and keep to their spots. I've also seen some who take a mouthful of sand, swim to the top of the tank, over the rocks, and sift the sand over the rest of the tank. Those are usually the ones that can't stay very long in people's tanks. Jerks.

I have a tailspot blenny, and he is interesting, has a personality, is a model citizen, and picks at algae in the tank. Highly recommended.