PDA

View Full Version : Tank Mount Photon V2

kingzing
08/10/2017, 12:13 PM
I am upgrading to a larger tank and want to use 2 Photon V2 16" on my tank. My wife hates the look of the included mounting bracket and I don't have a canopy to hide the lights. I also have 12' ceilings so hanging them are out of the question.

Has anyone here found a good tank mounting option like the AI mounting arm or had any luck modifying an existing tank mounting arm to work with their reefbreeders?
https://www.saltwateraquarium.com/single-arm-led-mounting-kit-hydra-52hd-or-hydra-26hd-aquaillumination/?utm_medium=googleshopping&utm_source=bc&gclid=Cj0KCQjwiLDMBRDFARIsACNmiX-lbQXRTN5mnQnW8XiCoNFN0pK3HbuY9fDz4NNz-OKPNa1T7xN3_0EaAndVEALw_wcB

This is the only thing holding me back from ordering my second 16v2.

Thanks in advance!

Reef_Breeders
08/10/2017, 03:02 PM
I am upgrading to a larger tank and want to use 2 Photon V2 16" on my tank. My wife hates the look of the included mounting bracket and I don't have a canopy to hide the lights. I also have 12' ceilings so hanging them are out of the question.

Has anyone here found a good tank mounting option like the AI mounting arm or had any luck modifying an existing tank mounting arm to work with their reefbreeders?
https://www.saltwateraquarium.com/single-arm-led-mounting-kit-hydra-52hd-or-hydra-26hd-aquaillumination/?utm_medium=googleshopping&utm_source=bc&gclid=Cj0KCQjwiLDMBRDFARIsACNmiX-lbQXRTN5mnQnW8XiCoNFN0pK3HbuY9fDz4NNz-OKPNa1T7xN3_0EaAndVEALw_wcB

This is the only thing holding me back from ordering my second 16v2.

Thanks in advance!

Hi,

I can't see the thread here anymore, so I am going based off of the email notification I received.

The AI mount you linked should work, I don't see why not. The V2 has a T-Track along the top of the light on either side, so using them with a third party kit should be pretty easy and require only minor modifications.

kingzing
08/14/2017, 09:06 PM
Logan,
Thanks for the reply. It turns out that I only needed to purchase a few stainless screws, lock washers, and bolts (total like $6 at lowes) to mount the light to the AI mount. It looks pretty darn good IMO. As soon as I gewt my new tank delivered I'll be ordering my 2nd 16" V2.

Reef_Breeders
08/15/2017, 06:13 PM
Sounds awesome! Do you have any photos?