PDA

View Full Version : Running wiring in JBJ 28?

kupadupapupa
08/10/2017, 06:46 PM
I'm trying to install an in tank powerhead in my 28 JBJ, how do you guys run the power cord through the hood? I see no openings that would allow me to run the power cord and allow me to close the hood without it laying on the power cord.

ReefWreak
08/10/2017, 07:56 PM
There should be cutouts on the back. I have a 29g biocube, but even my super old 24g nano cube had cutouts on the back of the hood. You might have to thread it through the cutouts first, and not just close on it, but they always have some sort of pass-through.

kupadupapupa
08/10/2017, 08:22 PM
There is something that looks like cutouts but covered with a plastic piece that has to be popped out, if that makes any sense. They are all on the right side opposite of where I'm placing the pump so it appears as I may have to make a small cut or something.

ReefWreak
08/10/2017, 10:39 PM
I looked at the manual, and they definitely changed the cube hood, so there is no more cutout. I guess they figured it didn't matter anymore since they had the back section open on the 28g. Oh well, you just have to cut your own I guess.

kupadupapupa
08/10/2017, 11:12 PM
Yep, that's what I ended up doing. Already my second modification on a brand new tank just to get it running, hopefully it'll be the last.

ReefWreak
08/10/2017, 11:31 PM
Yep, that's what I ended up doing. Already my second modification on a brand new tank just to get it running, hopefully it'll be the last.

Hah. Famous last words. It's a fun journey though, I promise!