PDA

View Full Version : 24g Nano Cube skimmer??

blwn350
08/11/2017, 08:31 AM
Hello all, I'm new here but have had a couple nano reefs over the years.

I just bought a 24g JBJ Nano Cube. My question is, if I use a protein skimmer, do I eliminate all other filtration, (sponges, carbon)? or do I use it in conjunction with other filtration?

Also, what skimmer fits the 24g nano in stock form (hood, LED lightning). Please
provide pictures if possible, on how you're skimmer is mounted.

Thanks, Mike

ReefWreak
08/11/2017, 08:48 AM
You would use it in conjunction with other filtration (or no filtration, as I do).

As far as size, I have a 29g cube, and don't recall the size of the back of the 24g cube, but if you do a quick google search, or a search of reefcentral for 24g skimmer, you'll find tons of threads.

Good luck!

jfarris
08/11/2017, 09:43 AM
You would use it in conjunction with other filtration (or no filtration, as I do).

As far as size, I have a 29g cube, and don't recall the size of the back of the 24g cube, but if you do a quick google search, or a search of reefcentral for 24g skimmer, you'll find tons of threads.

Good luck!What skimmer do you use? I'm getting back into the hobby after 3 years. I'm torn between either a skimmer or an Algea reactor.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

coxreefer
08/14/2017, 06:15 PM
You won't be able to fit a good skimmer in the sump with a stock hood, you would have to take the hood off get a new light. That's my experience with these tanks. I've had two of them. I always took the hood off and put leds on them, you will have much more space that way but then you have to invest more. other option would be not to use a skimmer and just use the sponges and do more frequent water changes. Those sponges are great and they will last a long time without clogging up and you can reuse them.